1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Grenadier Guardsman from Foxwood Figures.

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by Waterman, Apr 1, 2015.

1. Waterman Active Member

I have just recieved my 200 mm Guardsman from Jackie, and I must say I am very impressed. The sculpt is magnificent. There is a bit of cleaning up to do,before getting the brushes out,but no more than we used to expect,before being spoilt by some recent manufactures. Now to be fair to Foxwood I understand that there were some problems in the mould making ,due to the large size of the figure, but this has been overcome,and all credit due, there is nothing really to complain about. The location of the large pack seems a bit vague to me in so far as there is a buckle or something that prevents positive location, I think that this has to be carved off, no big problem, but again this is more my fault as I said that I was happy to buy my kit before Foxwood had finished writing out the instructions. So, I am pleased to have bought this figure, and should Foxwood produce any more at this size and standard,then I will be getting my cash out. At £60 plus £5 postage and packing, I consider it to be a bargain. I have no connection , or knowledge about Foxwood Figures other than my experience that I have stated in this thread, but if you want a decent Grenadier 1914 , then I don't think that you will be disappointed with one of these.
    napoleonpeart and stu like this.
  2. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Do not carve any buckles off the large pack. It is designed to fit with the crown on the badge uppermost and high on the back. The strap ends on the belt at the back may be left if you want the blanket roll below the belt, or they may be removed if you want the roll over lying the belt.
    Please see http://www.militarymodelling.com/albums/member_album.asp?a=35251 for details.

I hope to paint mine over Easter and will then post the finished figure.

Mike
  3. Waterman Active Member

Hi Mike, I wrote that wrong. I meant the protrusion ?? That is on the crossed straps on the back of the figure itself. This is what to me prevents the pack from sitting snug against the figure. Thanks for your help. Very nice sculpt I must say. Bob.
  4. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Good afternoon Bob,

The greatcoat (the upper 'pack') is not meant to be a snug fit. If you look at photos of the time, they are often proud of the figure. The blanket roll should be snug if you remove the rolled strap ends from the belt as shown in my finished photo. Alternatively you can have it below the belt as in the 'master' in which case the rolled strap ends are left on the belt. Unfortunately even though I visited the Guards Museum, I have had problems getting an accurate view of the back of Slade Wallace webbing as worn by the Guards. Most images are from the front and some of those from the back are of them on exercise where there were extras such as mess tins and canteens added.

Good luck with your build.

Mike
  5. Waterman Active Member

Hi Mike, many thanks for that info. Mine will be a winter project for when it's too cold To get out,so I will look forward to seeing your interpretation as and when, that will be a great help. As you say not many pics of the Slade Wallace equipment, but come to think of it I did give my son a book a number of years back and that did have an illustration front and rear of a soldier wearing it. That could be very useful now. Nice to hear from you mate, enjoy your Easter Break. Bob.
  6. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    Foxwood Figures These include the former Maurice Corry Miniatures range, the ex-Spearhead range, Oakwood Studios (90mm), All the Queens Men (80mm and above), Hearne Originals, Mil Art , no webb, contact : foxwoodfigures@btinternet.com