1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Grenadier Guards, Crimea 1854, Elite Miniatures 54mm

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by Stelios Demiras, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Stelios Demiras A Fixture

Greece
    Just finished!
    This is the second one for my friend and collector. As usual, I used Vallejo Model Color, Red Paint Set (Andrea), Metal Color for Airbrush with retarder, Black wash. It was a little difficult to set and glue the hands with the sword! I use also some Vallejo pigments for the ground and weathering. I hope that you like him!

Stelios CRIMEA_1.jpg CRIMEA_2.jpg CRIMEA_3.jpg
  2. samson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Looks great
  3. mick3272 A Fixture

Hi Stelios,
    Nice paint job all round . You might want to change the name to Grenadier Guard, as he has a white plume on the left side of the bearskin.
    The Scots Fusilier Guards had no plume & the Coldstream guards had a red plume on the right hand side.
    Nice work all the same.
    Mick
    Nap likes this.
  4. Stelios Demiras A Fixture

Greece
    Thank you, Rob, for your nice comment. Thank you for your suggestion, Mick. I just followed the kit'description, Elite Miniatures (sculpted by Raul G. Latorre) so I thought that they have done their research. Also, the kit instructions were confusing...
    So Grenadier Guards then!

All the best
    Stelios
    fermatgom and mick3272 like this.
  5. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Nice work on this figure stelios, anyone who has painted this figure will know just how small it is compared with other 54's.
  6. MoboSchreuder A Fixture

very nice work and paintjob

mobo
  7. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Looks good to me.
    Cheers
    John
  8. arj A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very nice painting and presentation.

Cheers,
    Andrew
  9. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Wonderful work on a magnificente piece of sculpting.

Cheers,
    Pedro.
  10. Mike Stevens PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Very nice work on a great kit.
  11. fermatgom A Fixture

Spain
    Very very nice! By chance I'm just finishing the same figure these days! Maybe today I'll have it complete. It is a very rare figure to see nowadays. I love the dynamic pose and you have made a great rendition. As other has pointed out this figure is tiny!!!
    Just like you I've made the same mistake with bearskin plume! :cry:
    I will upload my version as soon as I have it finished!

Regards,

Fernando
  12. Stelios Demiras A Fixture

Greece
    Dear friends, Keith, Mobo, John, Andrew, Pedro, Mike and Fernando thank you very much for your kind words and comments! It is really very tiny figure (1/35) in comparison with the others 1/32 (54mm or even 60mm). Fernando do not worry about the plume, we can name him Grenadier Guards! As Mick's suggestion! Thank you Mick! Anyway I was away from painting for some time (publishing is very time consuming) so I am pleased that I came back and you liked my work. I have some more to show on September!

All the best
    Stelios
    fermatgom likes this.
  13. phil_h A Fixture

United-States
    Lovely work Stelios. Painting and groundwork are very nicely done (y)
    Phil
  14. Stelios Demiras A Fixture

Greece
    Hello Phil, I am pleased you like the figure and the scenery. Thank you for your kind words and comments!

Regards
    Stelios
  15. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nice to see this figure. I love this one but could never quite get the most out f it and it remains in a cupboard.

A top job
  16. Stelios Demiras A Fixture

Greece
    Hello Anthony,
    Thank you for your nice words and comments. Maybe it is time to go on with the figure. Believe me when I started him I was wondering for the final result as was really small in comparison with the others 54mm (mostly 60mm). But it is really enjoyable to see him finished. So bring him back to life!

Regards
    Stelios
  17. misfit151 A Fixture

First class job Stelios....(y)...Mike
  18. Stelios Demiras A Fixture

Greece
    Hello Mike,
    Thank you very much for your nice comments! I am pleased that you like him!

regards
    Stelios