1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Grenadier Guard Camel Corps

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Jimbo, Jun 10, 2022.

1. Jimbo A Fixture

England
    Hi all
    I've been away from the bench for sometime due to yet more spinal Ops, hopefully I won't be revisiting that issue anymore!
    These are a quick few pics of a WIP of mine
    Legs added to Stormtroopers bust
    Hope you like it
    Cheers
    Jim

Click on files to view

Attached Files:

2. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Fine effort Jim, puts a new slant on the bust. Unfortunately, I have to say that the helmet on the original sculpt is way too big!(y)
  3. Jimbo A Fixture

England
    Maybe he's just got a little head Steve?...lol....Private pinhead:)
    valiant likes this.
  4. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Nice Jim, glad the op went well.
    Excellent re working and looks good.
  5. misfit151 A Fixture

Hi Jim. Did the bust a while ago it's a cracker and with those legs even better ..(y). Looks a big lad.....Mike
  6. Jimbo A Fixture

England
    January Op went well Bob, then 2 months later everything went wrong with a nasty reaction to the bone growth product used, so no bone fusion took place then the metalwork failed!
    Had to go back in April & have 3 more Ops to put it right, 3 weeks in hospital, now at home on crutches and wearing a back brace until August!...Been a bloody nightmare mate!...Hoping it'll all be right this time around..if not they'll more than likely just shoot me!:dead:
    Viking Bob likes this.
  7. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom

Blimey Jim you've been through the mill this year, fingers crossed it was a success this time. Hope we see you at Bugle call and we can catch up.
    Jimbo and Nap like this.
  8. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Jim

Great to see you posting , can't see the pics on my iPad , think files are too big but looked at them clicking on

Interesting puttywork .....all he needs is a camel

Look forward to seeing more on this

Take it easy

Happy benchtime

Nap
  9. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Good luck with the back. The legs look great. It's a shame it didn't come with them in the first place!

Mike
  10. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hope you have a full and successful recovery Jim, definitely not hampered your sculpting ability, lovely job mate.
    Cheers
    Steve
  11. Von Bock Well-Known Member

United-States
    Wow really amazing work there gives the bust a whole different look and appeal. he is really nice great job. Regards, Brock
  12. Jimbo A Fixture

England
    Thanks Mike glad you like him(y)
  13. Jimbo A Fixture

England
    Many thanks Brock, glad you like what I've done
    Cheers(y)
  14. Jimbo A Fixture

England
    Thanks Steve, I still might redo the helmet though as the more I look at it the more over-size it seems to be?
    Hope all's ok with you
    (y)
    Cheers
    Jim
    1969 likes this.
  15. Jimbo A Fixture

England
    I think you are right Steve...it seems to be getting bigger each time I look at it...I sort of noticed it before but ignored it, time to get the magic sculpt out again.
    Cheers
    Jim
    valiant likes this.
  16. Warren SMITH A Fixture

Australia
    Excellent work. I hope your latest recovery is a quick one... I do enjoy seeing you put legs on half busts.... Its a shame the manufacturers dont give us non sculptors the full figure options.
    Jimbo likes this.
  17. Jimbo A Fixture

England
    Many thanks Warren, I'm glad you like what I do with these half figures (busts) & thanks for the kind words regarding my recovery, much appreciated
    Cheers
    (y)
  18. Jimbo A Fixture

England
    Bit of an update on this one: I've taken note of what Steve said regarding the Camel Corps Guardsman's helmet looking oversized,
    I was almost about to start sculpting a new foreign service helmet when I took a another look at the original from the kit and decided it's mainly the brim that looks too wide, so out with the dremel and I took the brim right down in width, I then added a new edging strip to the brim, plus a pair of goggles, as per many historical images of this particular corps on the web,
    I think the helmet looks OK now so I'm interested in what you think?
    Cheers
    Jim
    P.s click on files to view images

Attached Files:

1969 and Nap like this.
  19. Nap Moderator

England
    Looks good to me , nice idea with the goggles

Best get priming and painting .....anything !

Are you able to reduce the actual size of the pics before uploading ? , might be why not showing , quite big files ?

Thanks for sharing

Nap
  20. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    That does look better, Jim - I would also be tempted to reduce the seams on the crown of the helmet, or take them off altogether and redo them, more in scale. They are where the six fabric panels are stitched together, (looking down on the helmet, from a birds eye view, the seams run fore and aft, then at 60 degrees evenly around the crown) They are also like a seam in a pair of jeans, so need to be less prominent...(y)
    Nap and Jimbo like this.