1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Greetings

Discussion in 'Welcome aboard' started by maya8, Oct 22, 2010.

1. maya8 Member

Canada
    Hello,

I am new to this forum:). I have been reading it for a few weeks. I usually build armor 1/35 and aircraft (1/32, 1/48, 1/72), but sometimes I am drawn to figure modelling through products from Tank and Alpine Miniatures. I especially love to do conversions.

A very long time ago, I was into historical figures, mainly 54mm and built a collection of these. In particular Historex. This was 20 years ago, and the passion wrench came back recently. Glad I did not get rid of anything. The quality of figures on the market has impressively increased since then(y). And the price too. So I figured I could as well improve my sculpting talent. I am just starting to create new Sculpey legs for certain Historex figures I've had for a while. And got a load of new (resin) heads and hands: the plastic Historex heads, sadly, have to go... (chop chop).

Cheers,

Patrick
  2. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Welcome to planetFigure Patrick :)

That's cool re-discovering a lost passion (y)

Lot's of great folks here, helpful and resourceful , have a good visit and many more!
  3. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Welcome to the Planet, Patrick!

Cheers
    Janne Nilsson
  4. tots48 New Member

United-States
    Welcome on board!

Hope you enjoy yourself here, I sure do!
  5. SRP Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Welcome Patrick....come and enjoy yourself........
  6. IIICorps Active Member

United-States
    Greetings from a fellow Historex addict.
    :)
  7. tots48 New Member

United-States
    Historex Items

Patrick, If you're looking for more Historex stuff, I have some I am trying to get rid of
  8. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal