1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Greetings from Greece! I am Alexandros Hassapis!

Discussion in 'Welcome aboard' started by Alexandros.Hassapis, May 15, 2021.

1. Alexandros.Hassapis New Member

Greece
    Hello my dear fellow modelers!
    My name is Alexandros Hassapis and I live in Greece! I am a historical and fantasy miniature painter/sculptor who is returning to the hobby after 15 years of absence!

I began modeling figures in 1993 at the age of 17. Back then I remember that information about modeling figures was limited only to a couple of “how to” Sheperd Paine books and a book by Shep's great successor Bill Horan. These were our bibles at that time. I can remember myself sleeping with these books in my hands countless nights. Additionally, in Greece we had only 2 modeling shops truly dedicated to figure modeling.
    Although my passion for figure modeling never seized, in 2005 I began my career as a consultant with one of the big 4 consulting/auditing firms. During this period of my life, there was almost zero time for anything else in my life. For the next 15 years I dedicated myself to becoming a great consultant, which I believe I accomplished. Yes I had the dream job indeed, and i am grateful for all the skills and lessons I have learned during this period of my life, but I was always struggling to balance my life and find time for other things as well, including miniature figure modeling. That brings us at about a year from now, when literarily my whole life changed and.... yes... now I have plenty of time for my true love....
    Following my own personal experience, I have concluded that you only live your life truly when you dedicate yourself to what you love.
    Closing my initial message, I am looking forward to meeting a lot of new people here who share the same passion with me, share many ideas, thoughts and lessons learned over our hobby and why not make some new good friends!
    Cheers Alexandros!
    P.S. Miniature Modeling is Art!
  2. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Welcome Alexandros, looking forward to seeing some of your work.
    Cheers
    Steve
    hassaal likes this.
  3. Alexandros.Hassapis New Member

Greece
    Thank you Steve! Will be doing so the next days!
    1969 likes this.
  4. Airkid A Fixture

England
    Good to have you with us Alexandros. You will find much to interest and inspire you on this forum. Welcome(y)

Phil
  5. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Alexandros

A BIG ŴELCOME to PF

Great to have you with us ....share the PF word , all are very welcome to join ..no matter what's modelled with figures

Do ask any questions someone will know

Lots of different sections to look at including traditional and 3 D sculpting , competitions , WIP's , References , Painting techniques and so much more

There are threads in Welcome Aboard about how to do things including posting pics on PF but feel free to message me always happy to help

We have V Bench for WIP's and also a Completed part ,reference section

There's also Painting techniques where you will find much about Acrylics and Oils

ALL figures are welcome and of course Vignettes & Diorama ( we run friendly competitions if you wish as well , one called FOTM where there are 3 classes to choose in which to enter )

Look forward to seeing your modelling no matter what you paint ..its all about having fun

Happy bench-time and look forward to seeing your modelling

Nap ( Moderator/Admin )
  6. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium