1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Green Stuff World brushes.

Discussion in 'Tools of the Trade/Accessories' started by bagelman1952, Aug 7, 2020.

1. bagelman1952 Well-Known Member

England
    Based on my recent experience, I suggest anybody contemplating purchasing Green Stuff World's Gold or Silver Series sable brushes think twice.

I purchased two gold series and one silver series and, putting it bluntly, they are rubbish. They are long and thin with virtually no belly so hold very little paint.

The worst aspect of them is the fact the bristles have zero snap.

As soon as the brush touches the model it flexes and stays bent making it almost impossible to get paint where it is wanted.

The silver series cards slightly better when though it's the cheaper of the two but I have had better response from dollar store craft brushes.

Are they a bad batch.? I tried emailing the company but have had no response. I contacted an admin on their official Facebook page and the response was appalling. No attempt was made to justify their product, no suggestion it could be a bad batch, no apology even. Simply said "thank you for your opinion. Best regards". Not very inspiring.

I would be interested to know if any other members have had experience with these brushes, good or bad.
    kagemusha likes this.
  2. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    A very painful lesson learned Ken :mad:

Thanks for the heads up (y)

Ron
    Nap likes this.
  3. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Ken

Thanks for sharing this bad experience both on the actual brushes and the attempt at what sounds like a auto response

Brushes to avoid for sure

Nap
    kagemusha likes this.
  4. bagelman1952 Well-Known Member

England
    It wasn't an auto response. It was from Javier Molina an admin from their official Facebook page. Their rule 5 asks you to pm an admin if you have a complaint rather than post it on the main page. I did that and that was his response from his messenger. Still nothing from the email I sent direct to the company.
    Nap and kagemusha like this.
  5. grenadier Member

United-Kingdom
    Best to stick with W&N’s series 7’s.
    I don’t think anything else will ever top them for quality.
  6. Nap Moderator

England

Hi Ken

Thanks for confirming the details , hope you get this sorted out soonest

Nap
  7. bagelman1952 Well-Known Member

England
    Despite attempted contact via their Facebook page and several emails direct to the company I have received zero response regarding my issues with the brushes. I'm putting it down to experience and a lost cause now and closing this one. Everyone just be aware if dealing with them that their customer care is dire.
  8. Nap Moderator

England

Disgusting ..not a good outcome ....think they have a eBay page have you tried contacting via there

Nap
  9. bagelman1952 Well-Known Member

England
    I'm not going to keep pushing it Kev, it's not worth it it me. I won't buy anything from them in the future and I'm sure they won't miss my custom. I posted this originally just to warn potential buyers that's all.
    Nap likes this.
  10. Banjer A Fixture

England
    Ignoring complaints is a silly thing to do.

I wonder how many members will now think twice before using these people?

Bill
    Nap likes this.