1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Green Lantern 1/7 scale

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by darkeye, May 24, 2010.

1. darkeye Member

United-Kingdom
    another study piece in Chavant Oil Clay, 10,25 inches tall. Drawing and antomy studies begining to come home to roost on the sculpting. not perfect but none too shabby. just adding it to my gallery really. feel free to comment, ask questions or be social. happy to talk sculpture and lend aid where i can.

[IMG]

[IMG]

early stages...
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

happy modeling everyone -- atb, Tim :)
    flart1943, rheath and gforceman like this.
  2. Ferris A Fixture

Quite a challenge such a nude guy; no uniform to hide anything in... :)
    The anatomy looks quite right to me. Seems like you did a lot of studying.
    He has very broad shoulders, but I guess that's the idea of this one...

Cheers,
    Adrian
  3. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Tim,

Suitably heroic proportions for a super hero mate, and very well defined muscles. Obviously still a WIP but I like where this is going. My only suggestion is to create the suggestion of some genitalia under that skin tight spandex costume or he'll be the Green Eunuch.
  4. Michael Tse Active Member

HongKong
    Maybe you can enrich this task by capturing the likeness of what's his name actor who is set to be Green Lantern. He was Gambit in the awful Wolfrene origin movie (right?)
  5. darkeye Member

United-Kingdom
    hey guys, thanks, glad you like him. i'll add the socks down his shorts very soon; you know what photo sites are like- they wig out at genitals!! :)

Good idea on the likeness idea too. i need to have a go at portraits so i'll look in to that. next up is a transfer to wax for final details and clean. if you are interested i will post some shots. many thanks guys!

ALL THE BEST PLANETEERS! -- tim :)