1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Green Howards 19th Reg. scale 1/9

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by offo, May 19, 2016.

1. bucsfan21 Active Member

United-States
    Graham, Thanks for the confirmation on the Green Howards bust. When will it be available in the USA please? I really like this one very, very much! Man, there is a ton of detail in this scale! Can't wait to get one!(y)

Best of Everything, Terry Martin-Member of the Atlanta Miniature Figure Society
    CGS military figures and offo like this.
  2. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent! I'm sure the painters will enjoy this one and I hope it sells well for you!

All the best,
    Dan
  3. thegoodsgt Active Member

United-States
  4. MalcC A Fixture

England
    Accidentally missed this one. Excellent. On the wanted list.:)

Malc
  5. mick3272 A Fixture

BLOODY HELL . How the **** did I miss this one.?????????????.

Offo This is a cracking bust,

Gra, Please put my name on one and let me know when it is available so I can get my mits on it.

Mick
  6. bucsfan21 Active Member

United-States
    Just noticed that Chuck Robinson at Red Lancers has the Green Howards bust on his Hot List of new kits...

Can't wait to get one of these busts!

Best of Everything, Terry Martin-Member of the Atlanta Miniature Figure Society of Atlanta, GA
    CGS military figures likes this.
  7. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Agreed Bob, the percussion cap pouch would be worn low down on the right side, sometimes the coatee had a small pocket added rather that the pouch. Here is the 38th Foot version in the Staffs regiment museum.(y)

Attached Files:

8. Thanks guys, it now in the new releases and as you can see I changed the shape of percussion pouch and lowered it and raised the epaulettes as the stiffener had gone in the museum piece. This matches the pack as its most likely early Crimea so they wouldn't really have dropped then which they would in prolonged wet weather.

I did speak to a couple of people and the pouch was either on the belt or low on the cross strap. As there is no belt on the bust I put it a low as I could on the strap, I wanted to include it and it's where he could grab into easily. The instruction now also state buff or leather but I also included the piece Bill did for me as reference as the bust is based on his work.

The pack is also now a seperate cast so you could put a blanket version for later in the Crimea without damaging the bust, it was a worrying day dremeling that off lol

Sorry also you got wind of this via Chuck or Steve at SK. They are good to me carrying stock and when they place an order it's easier for all of us if I can include anything I have nearly ready. I cast theirs up first and then was building stock before release but as, and with thanks, I have had a few messages, I have released now. It's mentioned on the website if you can give me 5 working days at worse to post depending on how popular it is, I have half a dozen here ready but you never know.
    My apologies to you gents as I know many of you are and have been loyal to me
    Thanks and best wishes
    Gra
    MalcC, Eludia and napoleonpeart like this.
  9. Here he is with the little changes but I must emphasise it's a superb sculpt and Offo was using museum references of today.
    All the best and thanks
    Gra
    image.jpeg image.jpeg
    MalcC, Eludia, valiant and 3 others like this.
  10. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Blooming marvellous this well done all involved.

Paul.
  11. mick3272 A Fixture

Mine Ordered
    Happy bunnie
    Mick
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  12. Nap A Fixture

England
    Posted before but love the facial work

Well done on the pouch ...good dremel work ...!

Thanks for sharing

Nap
  13. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    That is excellent. Very nice bust looks a whole lot better.
    Well done to all.
    offo and peedee like this.
  14. MalcC A Fixture

England
    I'm drooling over this one:)

Malc
    offo likes this.
  15. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Just a lovely piece of work,the wallets twitching
    offo likes this.
  16. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I was drawn back to look again at this one, it is is so full of energy
    I think it would look best if tilted slightly forward and also
    to the left.
    It would show more purpose and momentum.
    loving it totally.

Paul