1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Green Hell (1942)

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Diegoff, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Diegoff A Fixture

Spain
    Thanks everyone!
  2. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Hola Diego!

I missed this fantastic work:eek:
    The sculpt work are really awesome and the moustache give figure a Spanish look.(y)

I would love having skills to sculpt my own figures:)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just a note:

About the blue division (250º), they took part in the division Portuguese soldiers from "Viriatus Legion"
    The list from PT SOLDIERS in 250º infanterie division
    Many other served in Waffen SS: Charlemagne - Wallonien = Leon Degrélle???
  3. Diegoff A Fixture

Spain
    Obrigado, Pedro!
    I knew something about some portuguese in the division. The list is very interesting.
    You know that the 250 was withdrawed on december 1943. The only unit athorised was the Legion of Volunteers (about 1500 men) as something simbolic.
    The remants joined the Waffen SS under Degrelle because they have good relations with the belgians.
    The most famous of these last units was the Captain Ezquerra Company who ended its days at Berlin.
  4. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Diego you´re welcome!

Miguel Ezquerra a former volunteer of Blue division that joined in waffen SS and fought in Berlin´s defense, I read the book, outstanding, but with fascist tendencies a man´s faith.;)
    Keep the good work my friend!

Un saludo para Zaragoza,
    Pedro.
  5. Diegoff A Fixture

Spain
    I'm not surprised about his ideology!

If you says that his book is interesting, would ty to read it.

Thanks!
  6. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Very very ideological

Is your volunteer journey to the end of the Battle of Berlin by chapters.
    Title in Portuguese:
    "Berlim vida ou morte" in English Life and death in Berlin.

Comunism the old enemy of Europe... blá blá blá, the Spanish civil war, the falangist the blue shirt... until the downfall in Berlin with SS rank of Hauptsturmführer.
  7. Diegoff A Fixture

Spain
    Yes, that book is easy to find here (Berlín a vida o muerte) but there are many critics about the thuth of some facts on it.
    I am interested specially in how he could escape from the soviets after the war.
    What is true is that that man was a picturesque character!
  8. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Diego another great sculpt and some superb painting to finish. Congrats.(y)

Cheers Ken
  9. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    "I am interested specially in how he could escape from the soviets after the war."
    Ezquerra was prisioner of the Russians and was sent in a column with other prisioners to Russia and in middle of the Journey in a concentration camp near a large forest he runaway with other soldiers and comeback to Berlin to contact friends that they gave them new clothes and with safe passage arranged by a German general in which he was Argentine by nationality he managed to pass through the Russian checkpoint area to English zone.
    I think he exagerated in things at combat, he mention a lots of knockout Russian armoured with panzerfaust rocket much common in battle of Berlin.
    The vulgarization and lack of level of Russian troops is widely emphasized in all aspects treating them, like sadistic beasts rapists etc ...
    For us today after 70 years of the end of the war, knowing what the Nazis death squads did in the Russian villages beside the great destruction caused by the nazis in this vast country with all the suffering caused, maybe Miguel Ezquerra had not such a bad impression of the Russians as had?!
    This is more or less, I read the book last year borrowed from a friend.:)

PS: Ezquerra was Obersturmbanhführer Lieutenant colonel.
    Hope this make sense to you.
    Good reading!
  10. Diegoff A Fixture

Spain
    Thanks Pedro.
    If you want to learn something about the sufferings of the Berlin population under soviet ocupation I would recomend you the diries of a woman: "A woman in Berlin", published in spanish as "Una mujer en Berlín".
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Woman_in_Berlin

Thanks Ken!
  11. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    eye for an eye... the wars are like that.:(
    I read this one: Berlin The Downfall 1945 Antony Beevor.
    I will search!

SALUDOS,
    Pedro.