1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Greeks. 75 mm.

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by zernina, May 5, 2022.

1. zernina A Fixture

Russian-Federation
    Hi all! :)
    I continue to learn to sculpt figures. I made one resting ancient Greek first, then molded his shield and helmet, and then used his shield and helmet (model master) for another figurine of a Greek hiding behind a shield --- to save time and energy ;) Instead of the wire in the Greek's hand, I will later insert a steel sword. Of course, the figurines still require grinding and polishing, I have not yet learned how to do this, everything is ahead :)
    I used SuperSculpey firm (grey) and epoxy putty Моделайт (pink). 75 мм.

Best regards,
    Olga Zernina

IMG_2243.JPG IMG_2254.JPG IMG_2265.JPG DSC01865.JPG DSC01868.JPG DSC01872.JPG DSC01881.JPG
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Zernia

So that's the bench of talent ......great to see what your doing , they look hard poses to sculpt , like the kneeling one , both look natural , nice work on the helmets

Following with interest , always good to see how sculpting progresses

Looking forward to seeing more updates

Happy putty pushing and polishing

Nap
    zernina likes this.
  3. Richard Baxter A Fixture

Scotland
    Great work, Olga. Will you be producing these figures commercially for sale, or are they just one-off pieces? I am sure that there would be a market for them.

Richard.
    zernina likes this.
  4. zernina A Fixture

Russian-Federation
    Thank you very much, Nap, your comments are always informative, kind and inspiring!!!
  5. zernina A Fixture

Russian-Federation

Thank you very much Richard ! I usually cast about 5 pieces for myself, I'm still hesitate to make my sculptures commercially for sale (I'm just a beginner sculptor) but I'll think about your words. Thank you for believing in my sculptures more than I do! :)
  6. Vital Active Member

Russian-Federation
    If this is the beginning, then what will happen next?
    zernina likes this.