1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Greek Oplita "Siceliota"

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by MAB, Jan 30, 2006.

1. MAB Well-Known Member

Italy
    Hello habitants of Planet
    with great pleasure I introduce you the progress of my first Ancient one......... after many napoleonici.

Draft of a GREEK OPLITA "SICELIOTA" of V the SEC. a.C. (with elmo Thracian) will be available to February from Romeo Models.

Work Paint are the Great Master Danilo Cartacci

Good Vision To all
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Attached Files:

Sergey Savenkov likes this.
  2. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Nice work Maurizio , as always
  3. Cicero New Member

Albania
    Maurizio & Danilo,

My 'to buy list' just got a little longer ... Beautifull sculpted and painted figure (y) !

Johan ;)
  4. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Amazing figure with no doudt. Compliments to Danilo for his neat painting and of course to Maurizio for the sculpt. This one will defenately come to my hands as soon as it's available.

Xenofon
  5. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Caro Maurizio, questa e' una bellissima scultura, un capo lavoro, complimenti. ;)

Continua il buon lavoro

Ciao
    Roc. :)
  6. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    Fantastic sculpting Maurizio...he looks wonderful, and Danilo has brought him to life beautifully.

All the best...Roy.
  7. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Great work Maurizio.
    Great painting from Danilo also.
    Another for the wish list.

marc
  8. robbyk9 Active Member

Hello Maurizio

I can only say GREAT Sculpting. Your a real creative sculpter. A pleasure to look at this figure. This one is coming on my list to.

Greetings Dick
  9. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Maurizio, An exceptional piece of sculpture for sure. Your sculptures are quite the learning tool.~Gary
  10. MAB Well-Known Member

Italy
    Many Thanks to all you for compliment also from part of Danilo.

Salutes to all the planeters

Maurizio :lol:
  11. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    I do not own nor have I ever painted a figure of the Ancient Greeks. I'm looking at my first! This figure will be a must have. Anybody know of any reference books that you would consider a "must have" for this figure? I don't own anything along this period but it looks like a good ime to start reading up on some Greek history.

Thanks,
    Jim Patrick
  12. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Osprey runs many titles for this period of Greekhistory , so checkon their web site, they have nice illustrations and would be helpfull. Also Andrea has some dry transfer sheets for the shield heraldics in case you dont want to paint freehand, but i guess you know that already !
  13. THANOS Member

Greece
    IT' S ANOTHER GREAT PIECE OF TWO MASTERS. THE FIGURE WILL BE "BEST SELLER" IN GREECE. THANKS MAURIZIO.

JIM, WHATEVER YOU WANT ABOUT ANCIENT GREECE AND GREEK WARRIORS PLEASE SENT E-MAIL.

THANOS
  14. Guayo New Member

Jim Patrick, the books of Nicholas Sekunda , He has published numerous books for Osprey follow the link.

Other authors could be John Warry, Peter Connolly, Victor Davis Hanson, To learn more about the Warfare in the Classical Period or the Arms and Armours of the Hoplite you should star with the book of "Arms and Armor of the Greeks" by Anthony, M. Snodgrass

[IMG]

This link is old but very interesting.
    Classical Greek Shield Patterns

Saludos
    Eduardo
  15. MAB Well-Known Member

Italy
    Thanks to all for your comments and appreciations

I try to make the possible one in order to amuse me

and you artists of the soldatino.

MAB
  16. ArturM Well-Known Member

Poland
    Incredible figure. Just amazing! I have to get it. (y)
    Congratulations Maurizio.

Best regards
    Artur
  17. MAB Well-Known Member

Italy
    Thanks Artur

When you have painted it send the images.

MAB ;)
  18. Theodoros A Fixture

Greece
    Maurizio ti ringrazziamo. E una figura magnifica, forse la piu bella nella scala 54mm che ho visto (relativamente dei greci). Fortunatamente la ho comprata ed ora sto lavorando. Spero che sara' finita fino il fine di Maggio, durante il concorso di "Athens Show 2006" *26-28 Maggio.

Speriamo che ti vediamo ad Atene !
  19. MAB Well-Known Member

Italy
    Ciao Theodoros
    Grazie a te per la scelta ti auguro buona pittura
    ci vediamo ad Atene.

Saluti
    MAB :)