1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Greek Freedom Fighter 1821 - Convertion ("Kleftarmatolos")

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Major_Goose, May 22, 2007.

1. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Well , since sculpting is now part of my life , i really have to be serious about it, or iat least to try !!!! .

This is the new figure of PF member Babis Stathis aka "aiantas ". Its a Greek Kleftarmatolos from 1821 rebellion against the turks.

So this is the master of the original kit, and thats the way it is released from Athens Miniatures , in shops (started on 19 of May to be released). I have indicated all the points i converted so you can watch more easier

[IMG]

As i had an evaluation copy , 2 weeks earlier , i thought that it would be pretty nice to perform a convertion, to give some more movement and action to the figure.

So you have just seen the points i touched on the indicated picture. See the finished product.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

more ......

Attached Files:

• arm1.jpg
      arm1.jpg
      File size:
      84.7 KB
      Views:
  2. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
  3. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Excellent work my friend.I'm sure that your conversions and sculping will be better and better!!!
    keep up the good work!
  4. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Thanks a lot Christos
  5. periklis_sale Member

Greece
    Excellent work one more time Patrida!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Bravo!!!!!!
  6. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Thanks Periklhs i hope you like it

costas
  7. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    Very good. I bet some Greek museum would want this one
  8. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Thanks a lot Vergillius my friend
  9. dimgall Active Member

Greece
    wow wow !!! i saw it in Athens show and i must say i love your version more than the original!!!
  10. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Thanks a lot Dim Gall. It was a nice experience for me to do it
  11. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Good morning koumpare... Indeed this piece was really beautiful when I first saw it on pictures, but seeing it live and close looks even more better. Congratulations for the medals you won Costa. Well deserved.

Xenofon
  12. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Thanks a lot Xenofon . Also congrats to you for your medal and special award.
  13. Bruno New Member

Hi Costas,

a superb work!!! Wow!!! The figurine looks great. I like suche figurines which represents not the common stuff, but an important part of a nations history.

As a Bavarian, I always had a special love to the Greec History. About 30 km from my hometown there is a column in honour of Otto King of Greec, a Bavarian.

By the way, Markus Eckmann and Jürgen Nirschl, members of our German figurine club "Artist & Fgurine" haf participatet in your show in Athen.

They are delighted!!! Markus told me over an hour how great was the show and how friendly the German painters are wellcomed!

Thank you very much for your hospitality!

Many greetings from Bavaria

Bruno Schmäling
  14. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Thanks a lot my friend for your support.

It was really a leasure to Have Markus and Jurgen in out Show and i wish next year we will bring more German guys in the show , and we will also travel North to your show !!!

Markus and Jurgen are great artists but above all great persons. It was really nice to have them here !!!!

I wish next year you will be here yourself !!!!!

Keep Safe

costas
  15. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Costas,
    Excellent conversion. I really like this more then the original piece.
    Good work.

marc
  16. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Costas, really nice figure, I like the way it turned out.

Cheers
    Roc
  17. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Marc Thanks a lot my friend !!!
  18. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Rocco thanks a lot my friend !!!! Keep safe
  19. aiantas Active Member

Greece
    fantastic conversion my friend,i like to see more versions of my sculpure,really excelent job,congratulations my brother

keep safe babis
  20. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Dear babis hello. I am willing to do 1-2 more convertions on this lovely figure , Its really inspirational !!!! Keep Safe

Costas