1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Grand Master, Teutonic Knight

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Jim Patrick, Dec 20, 2004.

1. Brad S Member

Jim,

He looks really terrific! Seeing as I dont think i could have done as nice of job as you have here, No critiques from me. The whites look really good to me. The whole feel of the figure just seems right. Cant wait to see in Boston.

Brad Spelts
  2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Jim,

I like it very much. You did a great job on the white's. I really like the metals.
    Great Job,

Marc
  3. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    OK That it, I’m just gonna have to buy this one again, and paint another heraldry.

Brilliantly painted Jim.... :)

Dave
  4. elvis A Fixture

:) Dear Jim, great work, I love teutonics, and I love this figure. ciao from Luca (y)
  5. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    VERY NICE,Jim !!! I'll really be looking forward to seeing it in the "flesh" at the World Expo later in the month. WELL DONE !
    Kenneth.
  6. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    It may be the pic or you have not finished but the great helm looks a bit pristine. It may liven it up to add some scratches, touches of rust or grime.

The white is well done. I like the subtle shading and highs.

He appears to be missing that mug of ale for his right hand though :lol:

Keith
  7. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    Thanks, once again, have to go out to all of you for inspiring me. Honestly, I get so much inspiration from watching the pieces of art that comes off your desks. I'm still not quite as good as most if not all of you, but I'll get there sooner or later (Joe and me will be riding the "short" bus :lol: ). I promised some close ups of the head but work has me a little busy tonight. Maybe by this weekend. Kieth, the helmet does look worn with scratches on it (although I may revisit these now), the reason it looks so shiny is the paint and the light. I used Alcad II paints for the metal (I LOVE these paints (y) ) and worked different colors into it then you add my light shining directly on it........yes that's me messing up yet again. Photography isn't my strong suit. Thanks again for the tips and like I said, I'll probably go back and look at it again. Funny you should mention that mug. Just for laughs I was holding one (120mm) up against his hand to see what it looked like :lol: . What do you guys think about the gloves? I'm not completely sold on my base color. Not sure what to paint them though. What about brown leather like the belts? Any ideas at all as I have none myself.

Thanks to all again!
    Jim Patrick
  8. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    OK, here's the latest. Yes it's been awhile but work has had me quite busy. Honestly :( . Finished up the shield and the heraldry. Repainted the gloves but I'm still not sure about this color. Painted on "horn" on the helm. Just roughed in the colors to get a feel for what it will look like black or painted. What do the rest of you think? Painted or black. Yes, I did change the shield pattern up a bit. I wanted to stick with the coat of arms of an actual Grand Master instead. Besides, after 3 small birds on the shield and chest, there was NO WAY I was going to paint 2 more! :lol:

Well fire away. I need to get back to painting since my friend and bunkmate Joe Hudson is bustin' his rear end to have some figures finished. I can't let him have all the fun can I? :lol:

Jim Patrick

I forgot one thing. Yes, the crosses on the shield aren't exactly straight but I was too far into when I realized my mistake. Chalk this one up to experience I guess.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  9. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Jim,

It is coming along and I like the looks of it. I like the painted horn but hey I am a glutton for punishement but I still would never have tried the shield, I would have given him and big black cross!! :lol: I look forward to seeing more of it and btw get busy!!

Joe
  10. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Jim

That is realy coming alon brilliantly, I am interested in the Heraldry on the shield, very unusual red and yellow areas, what was the reference that you used for it... it looks like something I was trying out a couple of months ago

Dave
  11. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Hi Jim...........I think you're conning everyone here with your "suicidal" auto critism........ :angry:

It's looking just great..........skintone, white, heraldry, leather and last but not least, the groundwork which sets it in perfectly are all spot on imho :lol:

Can't wait to view it in the flesh and to meet you as well.........top marks for visiting Joe Hudson...............

Ray ;)
  12. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    Thanks guys. I appreciate the comments.
    Joe, I think you like the painted horn just to slow me down! :lol: I like it too.

Ray, honestly, I look at everyone else's work here on pF and then mine. I have a LONG way to go especially when stacked up next to your work.

Dave, here's the coat of arms I used.

[IMG]

Thanks again,
    Jim Patrick
  13. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Jim

That is the reference I was looking for, I thought I had it already, what I have is not as good as this.

Thanks again

Dave