1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Gothic Knigth from Seil Models

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by megroot, May 14, 2007.

1. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Hello Guys,

I hope you like this one. It cost's me alot of time to get the metals correct as i wanted them. it is up to you if i succeed in this or not.
    First i wanted just polish the metal. But there where some great gaps between some pieces. So i had to decide how i should ever gonna paint this metal.
    Keith has a tutorial about painting metallics with Gunze Sangyo Mr Metal.
    It was the first time that i used it, and i'm satisfied with the result. Hope you are to.
    Well, shoot at the messenger.

Marc.

Attached Files:

2. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Looks very impressive with all those metals.Very good Mark!
    best regards
    christos
  3. paulyrichard New Member

United-Kingdom
    Beautiful armour effects, Marc. You have the plate armour lookin' the business, but I reckon the chainmail should be more of a darker metal colour in contrast to the plate.
    Nonetheless, great work.
  4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
  5. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    thanks Christos,
    apreciate your kind comments.

Marc
  6. eissteban Active Member

France
    hi marc
    I'm very impressed by this armour and I think that I will be able to never make a similar thing.
    Congratulations
  7. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Fantastic work Marc. I only hope mine turns out as good as your's.
  8. Stefano Borin New Member

United-States
    Hi Marc this figure make think on the gothic knight of Barton... isnt'it? do you remember it? it was a fantastic figure!!!
    Well done my friend!!!

ciao Stefano
  9. MAB Well-Known Member

Italy
    Hi Marc
    Compliments Good Work ..... Great the Metal effect ..... ;)
    SALUTI MAB:)
  10. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Hoi Marc,

Should you told me that it was pollished metal I would have believed it. This is fantastic and your best work to date. The horse looks great too. Will you bring it to the next meeting (together with that Napoleonic figure before the well?). Maybe to darken the chainmail you can add a couple of thin layers of Smoke?

Congratulations my friend and I hope till next tuesday,

Gino
  11. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Marc, your metals turned out great, keep up the good work.

Cheers
    Roc.
  12. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    Shoot what at the messenger?! Looks pretty damn good to me! Which Gunze colors did you use?

Jim Patrick
  13. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Great work Marc, this must be the pride if your collection.

Roger
  14. Hardy Guest

Hi Marc, great work mate.
    Hardy
  15. dimgall Active Member

Greece
    nice metals Mark!!! an great addition to your collection .whats next?
  16. PJ Deluhery Active Member

United-States
    Very nice work, Marc.

I've had this figure for a while, and you've inspired me to put it at the top of the list! Thanks.
  17. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Marc,
    Very nicely done and certainly a show stopper.
    Cheers
    John
  18. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Sebastien thank's for the kind words. I'm very sure that you can do this.

Guy: I believe that your's is gonna be better then mine. I'm very sure about that.

Stefano: I saw the Barton knight in an old magazine. From that moment i decided to do a figure that way.
    Tomas (sculptor of this Seil figure) was so kind and friendly to let Seil Models give me one for free. So i was able to try to make such a figure as the Barton knight.

Maurizio: Thanks for your kind comment.

Gino: A Pleasure to see you again on the internet. I know it is gonna be allright with you at the moment. I'll bring him next thuesday and the French revolutionaire to.
    I correct the chainmail this evening.

Roc: Thanks for the kind comments.

Roger: Thank you. Yes it is at the front in the showcase. I'm sure there come's another better figure then this. At least i hope so.

Hardy; What can i say, when you find it good, well, there must be something good on it. I'll had hoped that someone found something wrong. It is a learning moment for me. So every comment good or bad is welcome.

Jim: Thank you so much. Nothing to shoot????? The colors i used from Gunze Sangyo are: Basecolor: mix 50-50 dark iron and stainless steel .
    Highlight: Stainless steel.
    High-highlight: Chrome silver.
    Shade: Dark iron.
    Every color is polished after drying (30 minutes ) I polished the high highlights very long.
    It seems that this color darkend a little after a few days. So before it goes to show's i need it to polish again :mad: :mad:

Dim: Thanks for your looking at it.

PJ: it is a great figure for painting. What is holding you up???

Jhon: Thanks for the kind words. Well they stop alot for my figure's even jury's. But they never give me enough points. :D. I cannot blame them, i think they are not good enough.

Again: Thanks all to you guys. The comments keeps me going.

Marc
  19. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Very very nicely done Marc. I see that your painting skills improve with each figure that you finish and that's something that surely satisfies yourself as well. Keep up the good work my friend.

Xenofon
  20. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Thanks Xenofon,
    Apreciate your comment.

Marc