1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Got my new camera, some test shots!

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Anders Heintz, Dec 13, 2005.

1. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hola Guys!

I finally got the camera today! Its the Nikon Coolpix 5700. Here are a couple of test shots, remember that I just got the camera and these are among the first 10 pictures I have taken. I think that it will be a good camera, just need to figure out all the bells and whistles!

The pic I took are extreme closeups, and are too large to post, I'll do one, but check the links! Still alot to learn, but I think it has some potential!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v104/And.../firstshot1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v104/And.../firstshot2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v104/And.../firstshot3.jpg

[IMG]
  2. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Yikes... BIG pic!

I like the firstshot2, Anders. A bit of glare that can be reduced by loosely covering the light with a sheet of tissue paper.

Nice and steady too. Tripod?

Keith
  3. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hola Keith!

Yeah the pics are huge but I like it, great to check our techniques and areas for improvement.

The first one was with a flash :( The rest without. I shot them without a tripod, but I think Im going to get me one of those small tabletop ones.
  4. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    I have the Coolpix 3100 and love it.
    I bought a cheap-o tripod for $20 at a local craft store. Works a treat.

Great pics right out of the gate, Anders!

Keith
  5. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Anders,

This looks like a fine camera to me. The macro is great. This is more than 1 : 1 where macro starts. Great camera.
    As far for the other picture's. I shall never take macro pictures with a flash. Do it with lightbulbs. Make some photo's with the whitebalance -3,-2, -1,and +1, +2, +3.
    Than look what the best colour is (what you like),
    Wright everything on a paper so that you can find it easily back.

And buy some tripod (like keith said $ 20 is enough).
    I think that you and your camera are ready for macro-photographie.

marc.
  6. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hola Guys,

The first shot was with flash because I didnt know it was turned on! I need the tripod and need to learn the tricks and how to change the settings on the camera.

Will experiment a little with it today.