1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Gordon Wells: high quality wooden bases

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by kansas kid, Jan 8, 2012.

1. kansas kid Well-Known Member

United-States
    Greetings Ladies and Gentlemen and a sincere Happy New Year wish to each of you. I wantd to share with you information about one of our Planeteer gentlemen. As we know because of Gordy’s intelligence and wise management of Planet Figure we are blessed to be a part of a web site where each person shows good manners and sincere concern about the figure modelers who frequent this site. From past experience, I’m aware that is not the case on all web sites.

Over the past year, I realize that the Planeteers, the members are here to help and advise each person, regardless of their skill level. Name calling is not tolerated, thank goodness. And I have made several connections with several of the regulars who post on PF. And in regards to the members, I have not only tried to offer help to the novice, but I’ve received so much good advice from fellow Planeteers.

One of the gentlemen who resides in the UK is Gordon “Chippy” Wells. Chippy is a real craftsman with wood. And he has mentioned on this site that he offers wood bases of very high quality to those PF members who want to display their work with that added degree of class. I am working on a 1:35th scale Polish Armored Car model, and although it isn’t a figure composition I feel it is OK to show Gordon’s fine work here. The quality hard wood base is approx. 7.5 inches X 4.5 inches and 3 inches tall. Yes, the photos are not the best, but hopefully you’ll see from the pictures why you might want to PM Gordon re your next figure project. Although Chippy is my friend, I still sincerely feel sure he will do a first class job for you.

Sincerely,

Rick Brownlee in the Kansas Heartland; The Miami Jayhawk

Attached Files:

2. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    I've got a few of Chippy's bases and they're excellent.
    Nice to see your build as well Rick.
    Carl.(y)
  3. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    A very impressive base from Chippy, really sets of your great bit of scratch building Rick, I am sure the finished vehicle will look spectacular upon this base. I also have some of Chippy`s bases and they are very good quality.

Steve(y)
  4. Dr Force A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Yup Chippy all the way for my bespoke bases, very high quality.
  5. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    That's some fine scratch-building there Rick and it looks like Chippy's made the perfect base for it. (y)
    Cheers Ken
  6. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    I pre-ordered and Chippy delivered a quantity of bases to me at Euro-they are great quality made to my precise dimensions. Highly recommended and a very genuine guy.

Keith
  7. kansas kid Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hello Mr. House. . . Carl:

Hey mate, thank you for taking time to comment about Chippy's fine
    work.

Regards,

K Kid
  8. kansas kid Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hello Steve, my friend:

Also, thanks to you for taking time to post your comments.

Re my Armored Car, oh boy, . . . I started on it in September, last. And
    I hope I don't give up on it. I've got enough "Shelf Queens" in my hobby
    room as it is. Groan :unsure::unsure::eek:

Ricardo Jayhawker
  9. kansas kid Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hello Dave. . . .

May the Doctor Force be with you :eek::eek:

And thanks for chiming in here too, Dave.

Regards,

Rickster
  10. kansas kid Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hello Keith:

It was good of you to post your comments. And for sure, the testimonials
    are well deserved by Mr. Wells.

Have a great day,

Jayhawker