1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Critique Gordon Highlander

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by sam b, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Michael Tse Active Member

HongKong
    Vallejo paints. Translucent washes. Any sentence consisting of these two terms are enough to restore my faith in figure painting.

Superb flesh painting! Sincere congrats.
  2. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    Very good painted bust Sam!

Cheers,
    Marcel.
  3. sam b Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Darren, Claudio, Marcel and Michael thanks for your kind words

Michael I’m glad you like the flesh tones, I have been trying to paint the Calvin Tan method for about 8 month now and it seem to be coming together but I’m no expert !!!
    Practice practice n more practice
    Sam
  4. Gary D PlanetFigure Supporter

Canada
    Sam, again my compliments! Could you share your mix for the braces and belt. I am trying to paint the same colour on my WWI bust.

Thanks,

gary
  5. sam b Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Gary, sure no probs.
    I use ‘Life Colour’ paints - Base colour HBT light shade 902 then the texture is khaki north Africa 030 watered down and applied with a damp brush so it is translucent ish. Then shade and shadows are watered down dark brown wash. Again this is applied with a damp brush to control the flow and building it up in deeper folds.
    Hope this helps.
    Sam B
  6. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nice job Sam, it is a very nice bust by Carl.

Steve
  7. sam b Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Steve I’m glad you look it! Carl does sculpt a cracking bust , a pleasure to paint as well.