1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Gordon Highlander with New Plinth

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by ghamilt1, Jun 5, 2011.

1. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    G'day Glenn,

I'm a bit late to join the party, but kudos and bravo mate.

Carl's busts do lend themselves beautifully to conversions and I'm so pleased to see you take the step to push the envelope on this one.

I can't wait to see this one painted.
  2. Jazz A Fixture

England
    excellent work Glenn. I cannot see the join. But where on Earth will you put it?
  3. ghamilt1 A Fixture

Canada
    Thanks for having a look Tony, better late than never. I am hoping that it rains and they cancel my soccer practice tonight, then I'll be able to spend a little time painting. Cheers John, I am pretty sure I can find some space somewhere. Although I think a bigger challenge will be finding overhead compartments big enough if I decide to travel with this figure.
  4. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Love the army belt

Many a doing handed out from your Da ,for misbehaving with that thing
  5. ghamilt1 A Fixture

Canada
    Glad you like it Ron, just as luck would have it those belts were probably in plentiful supply in the surplus shops.
  6. bydand New Member

Glen, Brilliant. I'm not really a figure painter but I want one of these, any chance of it being cast?

The loops on the hose, not socks, as has been pointed out, were noticable (and a pain in the *** to do)

The ties on the putees should have a loop which lines up just behind the welt of the boot and should be a bit lower down the calf and the putee should end in a 'V' shape which points backwards and the top of the 'V' lines up with the stitches of the welt.

Guess who has had head ripping for getting that wrong

Craig
  7. ghamilt1 A Fixture

Canada
    Thanks for the advice Craig. I'm afraid this is a one off, as the top half is a commercial product. Hope you managed to survive the RSM's wrath!