1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Gordon Highlander NI 1970s

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by bistray, Apr 22, 2015.

1. bistray Well-Known Member

England
    Hi Tony i think as you say its possibly my photographic skills that are lacking. in reality it looks ok but for some reason the camera highlights the highlights :(
  2. bistray Well-Known Member

England
    heres another pic of the flak jacket taken in natural light with some altered settings on the camera :(, let me know if you think the highlights are still to light

[IMG]
  3. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Paul

Yes I do think the highlights are still a bit too high. Perhaps the highlight colour you've used is a bit too white and not enough light green? I'm happy if you want to leave it but since you asked I wanted to be honest and offer some help not just criticism.
  4. bistray Well-Known Member

England
    Cheers Tony im happy to take any help, ill have a look and see what i can do to change it (y)
  5. bistray Well-Known Member

England
    Hi all, ive been having a re think on the flak jacket and, as has been suggested, toned down the highlights by quite a bit but ive also deepened the deepest shadows, again all comments appreciated

[IMG]
  6. Helm A Fixture

England
    From what I remember the front of the flack jacket was usually grimy as all get out Paul
    Steve
    Scotty likes this.
  7. Scotty A Fixture

Scotland
    The grime held them together, a charming aroma as well. Lol, looking good mate, I hope my own turns out half as well.
  8. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Paul,

Sorry to put you through so much grief mate, but I think that looks much better and far more realistic. There are plenty of guys on pF who have worn the flak jacket while in the services so they are better qualified to talk about how they looked (and smelled). It's not always easy to judge a figure based on a photo, and I appreciate that sometimes a figure can look vastly different in real life than it does in a photo. The deeper shadows also help add a sense of depth and grunge to the figure which I like.
  9. bistray Well-Known Member

England
    Hi all many thanks for the comments
    Tony no drama mate, it was a good call and it does look a lot better (y) , i shall have to kurb my highlighting. It was a dim and distant memory when i wore one, but i seem to remember that they stank and were uncomfortable :(