1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Goodbye Post Office Hello Courier

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by chippy, Jul 21, 2016.

1. chippy Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    I have just sent a parcel from the UK to the USA by Courier and it arrived at the address within Two and Half days off me handing it over to the courier .
    The person buying the goods is thrilled .
    The reason I used the courier was the parcel was nearly 7 kilos and if I had used the Post Office I would have had to send the goods as 4 separate parcels as the PO only handles parcels up to 2 kilos overseas .
    So the difference between Post office v Courier is The PO would have been 4 parcels that would have cost me £70 basic no tracking or signed for and the last time I sent a parcel this way 3 weeks delivery . The Courier 1 parcel £ 42 to include tracking , signed for plus extra insurance 2. 1/2 days delivery .
    A couple of weeks ago I sent a parcel 1st class to the Midlands it took 4 days
    So in future guess how I will be using .
    I suggest anyone posting overseas check out courier services before popping down to the post office , in this instants I used a company called Transgloble Express .
    chippy
    Mirofsoft, Dan Morton, peedee and 3 others like this.
  2. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I have often sent stuff to my son in Finland.....Parcel Farce = 4-6 days....courier = next day with full insurance and tracking/signature (y)
    I always use 'Parcel2Go'....simply put in the details....size/weight etc. and it gives you a choice of all the available services...drop off/home collection....nice and easy :)
    It is very much a misnomer that couriers are expensive these days....try getting Royal Mail to explain/find a lost parcel :arghh:...or why it's in the wrong country! :mad:
    peedee likes this.
  3. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    However in all fairness Royal Mail doesn't seem to have a problem delivering junk mail.
  4. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    :LOL::ROFLMAO::hilarious:
    John Bowery and peedee like this.
  5. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I always use a courier now for UK parcels. For overseas I still use the PO, but I think I'm going to have to look into couriers for that also.

- Steve
  6. Tubby-Nuts2 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I need a bloody 'Printer'. :arghh: .. Then Sell, Sell. because I also need a new computer. :arghh:
  7. chippy Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Ron I guess I'm just an old Luddite, slow to change , if it was good enough for my great , great , gt , gt , granddad then it's good enough for me plus being dispexick I can walk to the post office faster than I can fill in the forms

Tubby you don't have to use your own computer and printer , if you have a mate or relative near by use theirs so long as you can remember your email address so all future correspondence is related to you . You could even go to your local library and use their free computer services although I think there's a small charge for printing . My printer has run out of ink and is costing more in replacement inks than buying a new printer so I pop round my sons and did it all there .
    Steve for me it's the only way to go from now on . The other plus is no Queuing in that long crawling line of screaming kids , doddery old folk and some guy who has a sack full of parcels to send from stuff he sells on ebay , or is this just my local PO
    chippy
  8. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Haha! No, our PO is much the same most of the time!!

- Steve
  9. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    I've sent quite a few parcels by the Royal Mail in the past,but mostly to England.I will definitely look into the Courier side of things the next time i send anything abroad.
  10. Chrisr PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia

Choi Duc Hoi!! Watch it young fella. Wash your mouth out!!

From a doddery old B.....d :LOL:
  11. Lost Robot New Member

With couriers you're more likely to see import fees than with generic post offices. I order a lot of kits from outside the country and every time a courier is involved I expect an import duty bill from them, when my SAL packages will usually slip through untouched.
  12. chippy Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Brian you might want to check out some of the couriers for sending parcels within the UK , less weight and size restrictions and LESS money .

Chrisr I'm a doddery old bastard myself , I just don't like queueing up with the likes of myself ;)
    chippy
  13. Chrisr PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia
    Chippy,

I guess that make us a couple of grumpy old men.:rolleyes:

Cheers
    Chris