1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Good Evening from Spain

Discussion in 'Welcome aboard' started by jbarrientos, Oct 4, 2010.

1. jbarrientos Active Member

Spain
    First of all, introduce myself. My name is Javier Barrientos, and I live in Madrid. Currently I have a small shop in the neighborhood of Salamanca, (Mundo Interhobby) to which I devote the same time as my painting.

I have been professionally in this hobby since I was 20, but my interest came when I was 11, with my father (Luis Barrientos) using paper and plastic models. I was large time with F.M. Beneito and JM Moreno, where I artistically mature and learned many things which I know. I gave courses in addition to collaborating on all their projects.

Then I decided to become independent, since by that time I had people interested in my work. I continued to mature artistically and learning new skills, and all that crystallized in the current project which is my shop dedicated to miniatures and hobby.

I paint everything and all materials (90mm, 30 mm, busts ... resin, plastic, lead) but personally I like the historical figures, especially those depicting the Napoleonic era, where I have my best results.

It's my first time sharing my hobby into a forum of this nature, and my son is helping out. I have many pictures and documentation that I will gradually share.

For now I'm creating a small gallery and post them CoolMiniorNot work to be done as well as small step-by-step of my current jobs.

If you want anything, or help in anything I can, you know where I am.

Javier Barrientos

PD. Sorry for my bad English :D
  2. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Welcome aboard Javier (y) Your English is great :)

Look forward to your SBS and I'm glad to see hobby shops are still in operation!

All the best and many happy return visits.
  3. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Nice to have you here at the Planet, javier!

Cheers
    Janne Nilsson
  4. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hello

Hi Javier, Nice to meet you mate.
  5. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
  6. Wendy Active Member

United-States
    Welcome Javier. :)
  7. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hola Javier, welcome toPlanet Figure and thank you for sharing your wonderful creations with us. I've enjoyed looking at your works very much.
  8. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Very warm welcome Javier.
    I hope you could show us some of your work.

Marc
  9. Coco New Member

Spain
    Hola Javier!!!

Greetings from the rainy north west coast of Spain! :p

I'll check out your gallery on cool mini and let me ask you a question... do you have an internet site of your shop?

Saludos!
  10. jbarrientos Active Member

Spain
    Of course we have. Check www.interhobby.es
    Feel free to ask any question via e-mail or PM.
    And greetings!
  11. unknown01 New Member

Japan
    Welcome to planet.
    Please enjoy a wonderful stay.
    Thank you very much for your polite self-introduction.

Mitsutaka (Japan)
  12. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Welcome Javier......looks like you're living the dream.
    Regards
    Derek