1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Good Afternoon All

Discussion in 'Welcome aboard' started by Rob Shaw, Sep 28, 2021.

1. Rob Shaw Member

Greetings from Leyland in Lancashire, England. I have been making model figures for some twelve years now. I usually concentrate on Napoleonics and Zulu Wars stuff, but have been known to venture into WW2. I also enjoy making 1/35 scale British trucks.I

Since leaving the Army in 1998, I work as a delivery driver. I am a member of the Army Rumour Service (ARRSE) Modelling Forum and moderate that forum.
  2. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
  3. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Pleased to meet you Rob.(y)
  4. Airkid A Fixture

England
    `Hi Rob
    Napoleonics and Zulu War - niche stuff then?:LOL: Welcome mate!

Phil
  5. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Rob,
    Welcome to the forum, uSuthu!
    cheers
    Richie
    Rob Shaw and Nap like this.
  6. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Welcome Rob.
    Steve
  7. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Rob

A BIG ŴELCOME to PF

Great to have you with us ....share the PF word , all are very welcome to join ..no matter what's modelled with figures

Do ask any questions someone will know...feel free to message me with questions

Lots of different sections to look at including traditional and 3 D sculpting , competitions , WIP's , References , Painting techniques and so much more

There are threads in Welcome Aboard about how to do things including posting pics on PF but do contact me always happy to help

We have V Bench for WIP's and also a Completed part ,reference section

There's also Painting techniques where you will find much about Acrylics and Oils

ALL figures are welcome and of course Vignettes & Diorama ( we run friendly competitions if you wish as well , one called FOTM where there are 3 classes to choose in which to enter )

Look forward to seeing your modelling no matter what you paint ..its all about having fun

Happy bench-time

Nap ( Moderator/Admin )
  8. Rob Shaw Member

Thanks Richie, As you may remember, I have purchased a number of your excellent figures; mainly characters from the film Zulu. I am currently making Corporal William Allen, but am desperate to get my hands on a 120mm model of Commissar Dalton and Corporal Schiess.
    Nap likes this.
  9. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Rob,
    Yes I remember, glad you have taken the plunge to join, you'll have a good time on here and I can certainly help you out with Schiess.
    cheers
    Richie
    dicfin8.jpg
    dickie owen 3d1.jpg
    Nap likes this.
  10. Rob Shaw Member

Hey, looking good Richie. I'll be putting an order through to you by Friday. Thanks mate.
    Nap likes this.
  11. Rob Shaw Member

Thanks to all who have welcomed me here. I look forward to creating something under your guidance rather than my fumbling. I have uploaded a couple of albums so you can see the level I am at (is there a level lower than apprentice?)
    Richie likes this.