1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Gold strike

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by John Belcher, Sep 25, 2006.

1. John Belcher A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hi guys,I got a email this morning from my good friend Les smith who very kindly entered my Old Maori Warrior on my behalf at Euro Militaire. The email said that it received a Gold.I am totally rapt.Ever since I was a teenager I have wanted to get to this big International Show to enter my work and Les said to me last year that he was going and would take one of my figures.It is along way from New Zealand to Euro Militaire.Les also got a commeded with one of his models.Kind regards to all from a happy wee chappie.John :) :eek: :lol:
    [IMG]
  2. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Congratulations John, well deserved mate.

Roger.
  3. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Oooh That was yours!!

I love this figure, the face is incredible.

Excellent work!

Attached Files:

4. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi John

We all thought you had turned out up, of the blue, Its an incredible figure John, well done on the Gold mate, brilliant feeling isn’t it, your first Gold at Euro....

Dave
  5. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    John,

I have seen him. It is an amazing figure. I really like it. The gold is well deserved.'

Marc
  6. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    Many congratulations John...it was a great pleasure to see this old warrior up close...

I bet you're buzzing today..!! :)

All the best....Roy.
  7. m@rp Active Member

Belgium
    Congratulations John
    Very good job
    Pascal
    Belgium
  8. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    John,

Congrads on a very nice sculpt and Great paint job!!

Joe
  9. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Thats a really good figure and unusual subject. I remember when youve posted it here first time.

Well deserved, John!

Cheers
  10. Bluesking Active Member

United-Kingdom
    John it was my personal Best of SHow - I loved the figure GREAT work
  11. stev1eran Member

Well done John,
    I didn't realise this was one of yours until they mentioned your name during the prize giving. An excellent and original subject.
    I would have loved to have seen your Seaforth Highlander in the bust category - there were a lot of the same figure and not many original or individual pieces, I think you could have got amongst the medals with him.

Steve
  12. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    John, Congratulations. Your award was well deserved.~Gary
  13. itifonhom New Member

Germany
    Well deserved, Congratulations, Bravo and Chapeau!!
    I wish I will make it too sometime, I feel your excitement and joy!!!! Great work on that......
  14. pkw4 Active Member

Italy
    Hi John
    Fantastic work.
    Congratulation
    Roberto :)
  15. zyclyon Active Member

Singapore
    A most well deserved Gold medal indeed! It's great to see artists such as yourself engaging in their native subjects.
    A gentle reminder for myself to move away from the fanfare of WW2 Germans too!

Calvin
  16. quang Active Member

Belgium
    John: As Stephen (Blues)King said, your figure is my personal Best Of Show. We, Planeteers, are proud of you.

Calvin: Like you said, it would be interesting to move away from WWII Germans. On the other hand, you forgot to mention that YOUR German figure got a Gold too!

My hat's off to both (y) (y) (y)

Quang
  17. Roc Active Member

United-States
    John, extremely well done, my compliments.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers
    Roc. :)
  18. MAB Well-Known Member

Italy
    CONGRATULATIONS :lol:

MAB
  19. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    my friend that is wonderfull news !!! I am really happy for this well deserved gold !!!!! BRAVOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  20. John Belcher A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hello Guys,many thanks to you all for such very kind words on my gold award.It is so amazing to to have such support from fellow figure modelers here on Planet figure.many kind regards to you all,John :) ;) :)