1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Goblin based on Bonner artwork + Bonner news

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by thor14, Jun 17, 2013.

1. thor14 Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hi guys, this is my attempt to sculpt a goblin from an awesome artwork of Paul Bonner (Yes, I love this man). I thank very much Paul for the honorof receiving these images and for the opportunity to try to make a newsculpture. I hope with my work to pay tribute to his art.

This artwork Is a little part of a big and challenging personal project of Bonner: "his" grafic version of Beowulf saga. The copyright is of Bonner, and I can't wait to see this world populated by orcs, goblins, trolls, dwarves and dragons.

This is the artwork:

[IMG]

thses are some pics of the wip:

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Eludia, Manfred, Stephan and 15 others like this.
  2. Kevindunne Active Member

United-States
    great stuff...would love one of these...any chance of kits being available?
  3. Bailey A Fixture

United-States
    Very cool. I loved what you did with the last Bonner figure, can't wait to see how this one turns out. So does this mean we'll be seeing more figures made from Paul Bonner's artwork? It'd be great if these two turned into a whole series of sculpts.
  4. thor14 Well-Known Member

United-States
    Kevindunne:
    Yes, Kevin, but after the summer.

Bailey:
    Yes, Bailey; the intention is precisely to achieve a variety of figures with the help, the approval and authorization of Bonner. I can only hope to be able to pay tribute to the art of Bonner.
  5. Maki Active Member

Croatia
    You are definitely doing Bonner's artwork justice and I'm sure the man himself is happy to see your sculpts.

Wonderful work!

Mario
  6. CBDesign Active Member

Germany
    ...extremely cool...and yes you are the man being able to convert 2 D graphics into fantastic 3 D figures!

Thank you and best regards from Hamburg,

Christian
  7. Kevindunne Active Member

United-States
    great news...sign me up for one.
  8. Rompy Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Love this ! keeping close tabs on this one :)
  9. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Caio carmine

Put me down for this one too, just love the stuff you are doing and looking forward to this one. Keep it up mate

caio

ian
  10. Tubby-Nuts2 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Like the last piece which was awesome, (But beyond my skill), this also looks to be another stunning piece in the making! ... Very interested!!

Mark
  11. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    excellent!! More figures from you, I can't wait to get them all.
  12. thor14 Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thank you all very much, guys; I'm very happy you like it and I'm very happy you like the works of Bonner.
  13. fanai Well-Known Member

Australia
    I love your feel for this subject - the texture and creases on the the feet -wow
  14. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Awesome sculpting.

marc
  15. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    You did it again ;)
    Now, am I imagining things, or is this completely different sculpting medium and process than the previous pieces ?
  16. Kevindunne Active Member

United-States
    What was the first piece you did? Available commercially?
  17. thor14 Well-Known Member

United-States
    pokrad:
    You are right; I have changed medium. This is a mix of Sculpey (pnk): 80gr, Sculpey Firm: 50gr; Fimo (green): 80gr, and Mix Quick: 80 gr. Is not a "magic" mix, but only my attempt to recover the sculpey and sculpey firm now become hard as a rock .

Kevindunne:
    Yes Kevin, here a link:

http://www.planetfigure.com/threads/cyanolith-tribute-to-bonner.55341/page-6#post-580609
  18. Tubby-Nuts2 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Can't wait for the next progress report! ... I have a feeling about this one! ..:lurking:

Mark
  19. thor14 Well-Known Member

United-States
    Finally I went back to work on the goblins of Bonner. Here are some of the sequences wip. Still missing a lot, but I hope to finish it for Christmas. I hpe you like it:

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    yeo_64, Borek, GARRY and 6 others like this.
  20. Jimbo A Fixture

England
    Superb sculpting, he looks really great(y)
    Cheers
    Jim