1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Glendower WIP #3

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by JGREEN, Aug 30, 2009.

1. JGREEN A Fixture

United-States
    Here's an update on my progress. The horse is basically finished. Other than some minor tweaking, what remains to be done is the tail, the reins (which will cover the dark grey area on the neck), the armor on the horses head, and of course the horses ears. Also, his eyes have not been painted yet. I've started working on the rider again, and attached is a pic of his right arm. Thanks for looking, and I greatly appreciate all your comments on the last post.

Jason

Attached Files:

2. jjgurk Member

United-States
    Excellent Jason. The colours are exquisite. Looking forward to seeing this at Chicago.
    John
  3. rheath Active Member

South-Africa
    Glendower

Always a pleasure to see your beautifully rendered work Jason - will be a pleasure to see the completed piece, I take it you went to Euro this year ?

Thanks for posting - a pleasure to see,RobH.:p
  4. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Jason, that is really great!!!

You've wetted my apetite to start mine after I return from Euro even more :p really WELDONE :)

Ray ;)
  5. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Wow Jason this is becoming a real masterpiece. I was wondering if you painted the armour or burnished the white metal and then stained it? By the looks of the armour on the horses head you paint it.
  6. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Excellent work so far.
    Maybe some more highlighting on the armor of the horse's neck. It could be that the black background tone'd down the black on the armor.
    But all in all a masterpiece.

Marc
  7. sirhogr Member

Greece
    Fantastic work till now, and i imagine the quality won't change in the future! I'm looking forward to see more your work Jason.
  8. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Yowza!

Jay H.
  9. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Jason, I'm loving this all the way. Can't wait to see it in Chicago

Stephen
  10. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Jason,
    Looks absolutely fantastic.
    Cheers
    John
  11. JGREEN A Fixture

United-States
    John, Rob, Ray, Tony, Marc, George, Jay, Stephen and John:
    Thanks for your comments guys!

Rob - I'd like to make it to Euro one of these years, but this one wont be it.
    Tony - I've used both methods, but I prefer to paint armor with Humbrol Metalcote and then buff it (that's what I'll be doing for all the armor on this piece).
    Marc - the armor on the horses head is only undercoated.

Jason