1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Gladiators by Big Child Creatives

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by BigChildCreatives, May 11, 2023.

1. Hello Steve, the gladiators come with their own individual base, which you can put together to create the complete scene (the base you see in the first picture of the post). Apart from this they come with another base ¨(the big scenic one) which we supply in STL format as an addition to the pack, as if we add it printed, we would increase the cost of the product a lot.
    yeo_64 and Babelfish like this.
  2. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks for the explanation (y).

- Steve
  3. OldTaff PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    I'm really looking forward to seeing these in the flesh ( and there's a lot of it !:LOL:) Watching out for the postman......

Alan
    Nap likes this.
  4. OldTaff PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Parcel of gladiators arrived today.....that's what I call great service from BCC. From initial inspection, I can report that these are excellent sculpts from every angle, and should be a joy to paint.

Alan
    Nap likes this.
  5. Thank you Alan,
    hope you enjoy the figures and we look forward to seeing more painted versions. best regards

Big Child Creatives team
    Nap likes this.
  6. Redcap A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    My figure (Mirmillo) has just arrived this morning and what a mini masterpiece it is. The helmet is slightly damaged (chip) but I am sure Matt & Celine at "El-Greco Mins" will put that right with their superb aftersales service.

What a fantastic piece this is - 100% recommended - don't miss it if you like this subject!

Gary
  7. The historical accuracy of these figures is close to zero :) Otherwise, it’s beautiful, but we need to see how it will look already printed ...
  8. OldTaff PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    What, the armour? Weapons? Clothing? Haircuts? Their physique ? I've got the four, and the castings are great, with excellent fit. The retiarius' net is a fine piece alone.
    I dunno, perhaps I'm just easily pleased.

Alan
    Nap likes this.
  9. Hello! This is some of the photos we took of the resin kits once assembled , if you have any questions, please let us know and we will be happy to help you, greetings!

BigChild Team

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    Nap likes this.
  10. It’s easier to say what is historical in these figurines, and what is the fiction of the authors :)
  11. OldTaff PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    o_O:meh: Chacun a son gout.

Alan
  12. I completely agree on this point. But we still make historical miniatures :)
  13. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    I love the Mirmillo figure ,but I don't know if I could do it justice.It wouldn't bother me about historical accuracy ,as the figures give the true essence of gladiators.
    Brian
    OldTaff likes this.
  14. Steve headley A Fixture

I don’t know about historical accuracy, but they look like the real thing to me. Could fit the TV series Spartacus. Not my thing but wonderful sculpting and very dramatic. It might just encourage the fantasy enthusiast to cross over into military figures. Would be great to see how they interpret them.

All in all great work well done.

Steve

TFB Miniatures Team
    Nap likes this.