1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Gladiator

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by mertenspeter, Nov 3, 2011.

1. mertenspeter Member

Belgium
    The end is in sight

Attached Files:

2. milten2004 Active Member

United-States
    Good work. Kip going. I did this figure myself.
    At the end it turn out nice, without much effort.
  3. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Shaping up nicely. I think a bit more colour differentiation between the upper body armour and the tunic would look better, but that's just personal preference.

I did this figure myself earlier in the year and as Djordje says it was a nice low-stress paint.

Congratulations on the curved blade NOT breaking off from the left arm!! It's a very fragile part of the figure and Pegaso didn't really think that one through very well at all. It should have been cast as a separate piece with a hole to plug it into. Mine pinged off very early on and immediately vanished into thin air. I had to scratch a new one, using brass rod to give it a bit of added strength.

- Steve
  4. Redcap A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    A very good start and as the others commented, it's about as simple and stress free a 54mm figure to paint as is imaginable. I really enjoyed doing my version of this excellent little figure a couple of years ago but the cresent shaped blade as Steve mentions could have been better designed as a seperate part. I rather suspect more are broken and repaired on finished figures of this subject than make it in one piece to the finish line!

Be good to see the end result and I look forward to seeing how it all turns out.

Cheers!
    Gary
  5. mertenspeter Member

Belgium
    Steve,
    The part between the upper boby and tunic is still in primer :)
    The curved blade was broken from day one. :-(( (gladd i am not he only one)
    After sending an email to andrea I got a new arm in the mail for free. But I have nevertheless made one myself (mutch stronger) and keep the andrea one as a spare.
  6. merty Member

Belgium
    da ziet er goed uit, alleen die vleeskleur lijkt mij te oranje of ligt da aan de foto?

allei vooruit me de geit...
  7. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    looking good. Specially the bronze.
    The skintone's are great. The curases is gonna be leather?

Marc
  8. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    I really like the matals, should be a good one.
    Carl.(y)
  9. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    All looking good especially the metals.
    I'm not sure if there is enough contrast between the curass and the skirt...it kinda looks like a single gamrnet.
    Other than that, superb.