1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Gladiator ''Mirmillo''

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Sam, Mar 1, 2008.

1. Sam Active Member

Malta
    Hey guys,

I just began this figure in 54mm sculpted by Andrea Jula. I began the flesh. I chose a dark skin colour cause I never painted this type before and I thought that this figure would make an excellent practice :):):)

Bronze is just base coloured :)

I await your comments or critique,

Samwel Vella :)

P.S. I am going to remove the tattoo on his hand(not the one on his shoulder) that's holding the shield cause I am not liking it. :))

Attached Files:

2. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Good start Sam. Keep posting your progress pics mate.

Cheers
  3. Robert Laclavik Active Member

Czech-Republic
    the skin tones are very good;)
  4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Sam,
    The figure looks very good.
    I like the skintone.

marc
  5. NO COMMENTS ... till I see it in the flesh Wednesday, but seems a good start but judging from the photos personally I feel flesh needs some more work, so you have to decide what you are doing a bronze flesh, a North African or a negro ... study some photos of real people and work the muscles a little bit more, not to keep it flat, remember you have no face there ... keep brushes wet coxswain Sam

PS - That Tattoo ... jaqaw mar ghand il-Bobby? lehija min hemm ta' dawk ma kellhomx daqshekk liberta ... u ara ftit 'discovery' man!

Ivan
  6. Sam Active Member

Malta
    Hi guys,

I rearranged the skintone, removed the tattoos and reworked the arm protector :):):)

Any comments or critique are more than welcome,

Samwel Vella :)

Attached Files:

7. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    This looks a little better. Good choice about the tattoo. Didn't like it !! Again, will see it in the flesh Wednesday for final input:):)

Stephen Mallia
  8. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Looking really nice. I did this one awhile back and I wish I had done the African/negro skin color. Here is a pic of my version.

[IMG]
  9. Much better laddie! So more addition if you are doing an N.African ignore what I am to say ... but if you are doing a negro, you need to update the little curls underneath the helm to afrohair and palms and soles are light in colour almost caucasian ... ciao!

Ivan
  10. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Looking good so far ,like your metal work.
    David
  11. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    looks really great