1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Gladiator bust

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Meehan34, Feb 13, 2010.

1. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    Here is the latest thing I have been working on. It is a bust by Young who in my opinion makes the best bust's on the market. The shiny areas are sweat I added with varnish. Thanks for looking.

glad3.JPG

glad1.JPG

glad4.JPG
    pmfs, ubbi and gothicgeek like this.
  2. Michael Tse Active Member

HongKong
    Hi Mike,

Absolutely brilliant. No, let me rephase myself: absolutely how I would want it done. I took a stab at this one some time ago too. Didn't work out.

Varnish for sweat is an idea I would love to steal, if you don't mind.

Best bust? I think all Young's busts are pretty brilliant! I would consider Young's latest to be the best one yet. How do you like it?

Congrats plenty,
    Michael
  3. kansas kid Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Bill Murray. . .

Whoa Nellie, Mike:

Nothing about this bust was "Lost in Translation". Even Scarlet Johannson (sp)
    would approve. Nice job.

Jayhawker
  4. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    Tse; thanks for the comments, yes all of the young busts are incredible. the varnish trick is free for the taking. I stole it myself about a month ago from someone on this site.

Jayhawk: you know the golden rule; "it doesn't cost anything to pay attention". The lost in translation comment is so 好 . If anyone ever accuses you of not paying attention I call them a liar.
  5. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Beautiful work Mike. The varnish worked out spot on. I like the pollar you are using as a plinth too....great idea.
  6. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Lovely work Mike. You should be proud of this bust.
  7. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Stunning work on this bust.
    The collum used as base is also a great idea.

Marc
  8. ubbi Active Member

Italy
    Great work Mike , like a lot the skin tones, especially the top head, perhaps just a little to much purple on the lips ?

cheers stefano
  9. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks for the comments fellas, I really appreciate the kind words. Stefano; I noticed the same thing about the lips and am going to re-work them, thanks for pointing it out. I am glad the column turned out ok and was acceptable.

Thank you again for looking.