1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Give this to my son - General ponsonby - Waterloo 1815

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by smudger1960, Jul 28, 2019.

1. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    having just started on Johnny Ringo,ive started my next conversion project which will depict 2x chevaux ( Line ) Lancers chasing down general Ponsonby at the Battle of waterloo which ultimately led to his death.
    For obvious reasons,the busts have been left without legs and to attach horses would make the project insanely large.
    Ive found a few particular pictures and paintings which I thought I may adapt into the idea.
    The Lancers are both from CGS Military Figures,but Gen Ponsonby has been scrathsculpted apart from the head,hands. and hat which are from my spares box.
    1x Lancer is built straight from the box,where as the other lancer has been converted,ive used the kit gauntlets but I completely sculpted a new right arm which would depict the lance being raised,ive removed the original head from the helmet and added a shouting head from the spares box,ive also straightened the left arm and added new chin straps,the scales on the chin strap I will paint on.
    Its very difficult to say what ponsonbys actual attire was at waterloo that day,but I have gone for a sort of frock coat similar to what wellington wore during the battle,i sculpted this together with high collar,plus tunic collar and buttons and I also added a sash which is evident under the coat opening.
    The outstretched hand of Ponsonby will have the gold pocket watch which he is trying to pass to a scots grey trooper,pockets and buttons were also added to the coat.
    I sculpted some fresh hair onto the Ponsonby head which is also shouting which is what I was looking for.
    A nice little project to get my teeth into,and one im looking forward to completing.
    IMG_0134.JPG IMG_0139.JPG IMG_0147.JPG IMG_0140.JPG IMG_0141.JPG IMG_0143.JPG IMG_0145.JPG IMG_0150.JPG IMG_0151.JPG IMG_0152.JPG IMG_0153.JPG

Brian
    Erbay, Tonton, Nap and 6 others like this.
  2. misfit151 A Fixture

An absolutely unique idea Brian ...looks as if its going to be a cracker...fabulous figures to work with as well..looking forward to the development(y)
    Mike
    smudger1960 likes this.
  3. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Stirring stuff, Brian! Im not a Napoleonics expert by any means, but werent the lancers who dispatched Ponsonby, Polish lancers, so would have sczapkas..?Just asking!(y)
    smudger1960 likes this.
  4. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Many thanks mike
  5. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Thank you my friend.
    No,the general conception among certain people is that it was polish lancers,as it was in the 1970 movie Waterloo,but in fact he was killed by chevaux line lancers,not polish ones
    IMG_9291.JPG IMG_9290.JPG IMG_9293.JPG IMG_9289.JPG
    NeilW, Nap and Viking Bob like this.
  6. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Like I said, Im no expert, but thanks for the info!! I certainly remember the scene from the film, so that's probably what was in my head!(y)
  7. Cannonball A Fixture

Super idea for a scene Brian and can’t wait to see this develop. It must be really satisfying, having thought up the scene and realising there was no suitable commercial figure available for Ponsonby, to have the ability to produce something from scratch of this quality. Great work.

Neal
    Nap likes this.
  8. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    This is going to be bloody fantastic, looking forward to this Brian.
  9. Nap Moderator

England

What VB said !

What a great idea mate this is going to be an anazing piece of modelling

Any chance of a look at all your Napoleonic stuff in a separate thread ?

Nap
  10. malc PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Brilliant idea, love it, will be following, looking forward to seeing how you place the pieces.

I was looking at the artwork and thinking....

Wonder if 120 full figure version is possible.
    I'm no sculptor but conversions are not beyond me.

Umm.
  11. Grod A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Great stuff Brian.
    Gordon