1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP "Give Them Cold Steel" - 54mm Diorama

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Christosjager, Nov 4, 2011.

1. pgarri27 Well-Known Member

United-States
    Christos, the figures look great. Can't wait to see them all mounted at the wall.
    Your cannon looks strange to me because I am use to seeing all the preserved cannon on the civil war battle fields. They are all painted National Park green and the fittings are painted black. Yours shows much wear which looks very good.

petersburg_0032.jpg
  2. Christosjager A Fixture

Greece
    Yes I know about the cannon, I' ve painted it a bit more "artistic", more wear as you are saying, more used and exposed at war and batllefields and weather conditions I am saying, it's not so "museum" painted, well I like it more the way I paint it and after the weathering I believe it will look even much better (y)
    ChaosCossack and pgarri27 like this.
  3. pgarri27 Well-Known Member

United-States
    I like it your way too.
    Christosjager likes this.
  4. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Christos, what I meant by the question is I was wondering how you achieved the great effect on the wood of the gun carriage, like what colours you may have used and any specific techniques you used. It seems the carriage is painted a grey-green colour but (in the pics anyway) it seems like the wood grain is showing as well.

Or I'm just seeing things and need to adjust my medication :wacky:

What I'd really like to see (maybe on your next project) is you doing an indepth SBS of both your sculpting AND painting techniques. I really like the style of your work and would love to see how you achieve your great results.

Colin
  5. Christosjager A Fixture

Greece
    :) you are right Colin, you are seeing good, no medication needed, well it's not easy to explain, I believe only a video would be useful in this case but I think that practise and trying different technices and reading and visiting shows is the only way to get better miniature by miniature
    21.jpg
    ChaosCossack and pgarri27 like this.
  6. pgarri27 Well-Known Member

United-States
    Sweet! That cannon came out real nice. No teasing now, show us the whole scene.
  7. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Very impressive.(y)
  8. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Weathered cannon looks great!
    Your advise is spot on... But if I can squeeze a couple of drops of information out of you then all the better ;)

Colin
  9. marios1 Active Member

Wow Christos...your diorama is really a masterpiece......one of the best work on this period...really congratulations!!!
    Your figures leave me astonished...they are great...they are better respect many acw figures on market today......its a pity that they arent on market,becouse i thinkk you ll should sell many of them for sure, a big success.......your figures remember me the acw of DES KIT of Maurice des...that are very dynamic, no thin,and correct dimension .....!!!

You are a big sculptor indeed....have you never thouth to work for same figures manufacter ...Pegaso, michel Roberts,Andreas,Drummer boy, Beneito.....firms that work on acw figures.....i think you d have a big success and a big fan ...ME.....i d buy all your acw figures for sure!!!!
    At last but not least.......you Painted them in incredible way...i have no words to exprime all mine consideration about that .
    Your flag leave me without breath...in which way you realize them so realistic.....sculpting on them the curves......???

A question about your Historex 9 pound cannon.....which is his level? I am thinking to buy one of them......you suggest me? In which way you work with it about costruction way??? Its more 54 mm or big 1.35 scale model???

ps: i asked you in the 2011 already....now i repeat my question....if you have same acw figures that you sculpted in half way or that you dont finish,or dont like you....i am here, remeber e, to buy hem for sure......make me a whistle......i ll arrive soon...!!!!

Congratulation again....where i could see same other your works????

Mario from Italy
  10. Christosjager A Fixture

Greece
    Thank you all for your comments,
    Mario the cannon is not from Historex, it's from Verlinden and is very nice scale, no miniatures for sale unfortunately :)
  11. Rodrigo Guilherme Active Member

Brazil
    Hello my friend, beautiful work that I love this theme ..

I have much more to do Difficulty mix the colors of the Confederates.

Could you pass me the mix of colors:

- Gris
    - Blue
    -Butternut

Thank you so very much!
  12. Christosjager A Fixture

Greece
    Hello Rodrigo,
    the colors that I have mixed for the different greys are: white, black, paynes grey, French blue,cobalt blue hue, fawn, provincial beige, raw sienna, burnt sienna, skintone base and burnt umber. All colors are JoSonjas acrulics. (y)