1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Give 'em the BOOT!

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Sambaman, Apr 13, 2008.

1. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    This is United Empire Miniatures "A Wellington Boot". Sculpted by Jim Maddox, and painted by myself. Just finished this box art up a couple days ago. It's well cast by the capable hands over at UEM, and a hoot to paint! It comes in 4 pieces, the boot (of course), the head, the hat and the small bit of spur that sticks out from the boot at the rear. The base you see is not included, it's of my own doing. Since it's based on a contemporary caricature shown on a grassy field, I thought he needed an appropriate setting. So for those of you that wanted to see me do something with boots, I mean boot, here it is! HA! The figure stands about 5 1/2" when put together, and I would say the head scales out to just about 200mm. It's a fun departure from the regular historical pieces, but has just enough history to make it, well, historical! Thanks for looking, it's already listed on the UEM web site.....It's a steal!

NOTE: The last pic is of the actual illustration that the piece was inspired from.

Jay H.
    OKC

Attached Files:

2. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Jay,

That's some pretty good weed you're smokin" mate!!!

Great paintjob on a very unusual piece.

Cheers
  3. JGREEN A Fixture

United-States
    Jay,

Great job on this unique little piece! As one of those people who has asked you when you're going to do "something with boots," I can tell you this is not what I had in mind!

Jason
  4. sd0324 PlanetFigure Supporter

Now that is very imaginitive...........I like it a lot. Well done,Sir.
  5. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent painting Jay. Good to see you do some groundwork for a change.
  6. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    Brilliant idea and a lovely paint job.Good to see "something of the wall ",so to speak ,as i for one can get bored painting the same old thing ,so it's good to do something different now and then.
    Brian
  7. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    Great stuff !
    very original idea
  8. Mark S Guest

Great paint job as usual,Jay.
    Plenty of scope for conversion on this piece.
  9. eissteban Active Member

France
    hey Jay :) ... Very nice
  10. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Quite original and a great painting Jay! I really like the hat and the boot colors and shading and wear. Top notch!

All the best,
    Dan
  11. Black Army Well-Known Member

Hungary
    Lovely piece! Newspapers were full with drawnings like this in the 19th Century, so it's a good idea, and you can continue this line! ;)

Cheers,
    Balázs
  12. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Many thanks for all the kind comments gentlemen!

Jason, I thought I could slide in under the wire with this one as far as the boot thing is concerned........no?

Guy, yes it has groundwork, but hardly qualifies as such. Not much there, but in interesting little diversion for me.

Jay H.
    OKC
  13. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey Jay, very cool.
    Thanks for sharing.

Cheers
    Roc
  14. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    My pleasure Roc, thank you!

Jay H.
    OKC
  15. "Tarakaman" New Member

United-States
    Looks great!!! Can not wait to see the boot at the Tulsa show on the 21st of June!!!!!
  16. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    You'll probably see him before then Matt. But, if you don't he will certainly be with me in Tulsa! Thanks, now go study!

Jay H.
    OKC
  17. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Thats really weird !!!!! Nice work Jay !!!! I guess it really smells down there !!!!!

COSTAS
  18. abbo Active Member

United-Kingdom
    i have an old print of this on my wall so i must add this to my want list.
    nicely painted Jay.
    Martin.
  19. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Jay,
    Nicely done.
    Cheers
    John
  20. phc35 Well-Known Member

United-States
    Jay, very nice,I guess it counts as a bust as only the head is showing

the other Jay