1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

GI with Jerry Can Painted

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Anders Heintz, Dec 15, 2004.

1. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Here is the painted version of the 1/35th scale GI I sculpted for Warriors. My painting skills definately needs some TLC!

The figure will be released in January or Feburary '05.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    well thats a nice pose and also an angry face because he carries the jerry LOL
    i bet it will go well onmarket
    Congrats Anders
  3. Calvin Member

I think you have the right skill to do (as teacher) some painting lessons to everyone. The weathering is superb, and the light and shadows only looks so pronunced because the extreme close-up of your pictures. You must see the overall effect, which I think is really, really good.
    What about making a Photoshop'ed background for your figure ?
    Ciao, Luca
  4. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Guys!

Thanks for your comments.

Luca,

I will get the figure to David Harper who will take some pictures of it infront of a back drop. I did paint the extreme contrast so it will look better on the box once printed. The pictures there are small so one have to exagerate a little bit!
  5. Brad S Member

Anders,

I agree with Luca, The figure looks great, and only looks a little extreme or harsh on the highlights and shadows because of the extreme close-up photo. You have to look at the whole picture and in its scale. I always think of a beautiful Monet picture. If you look at it real close or blow it up, I dont think it looks that great, but in its original form and step back a little its beautiful. Great Job!

Brad Spelts
  6. Hullebullen New Member

Snyggt jobbat Anders!

Superb animation! A really well done sculpt, IMO. I like the oil stains on the jerrycan. How did you do it? Some of the highlight transitions seem a bit harsh but overall a very good job...two thumbs up!

Fredrik