1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

GI Bust Painting part 1

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Anders Heintz, May 11, 2004.

1. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Guys!

Here is the bust started, I know he has a very dark tint to his flesh, but hey, he could be greek or italian :) Atleast thats my excuse. I am trying new formulas for flesh and this one turned out pretty dark to say the least. Let me know what you think of it!

Also, the left eye is obviosly larger then the right, but I think I can make this less apperent with a dark line under the left eye, atleast Im hoping! It sure didnt look like that much difference when I sculpted it :(

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Fulix New Member

Brazil
    Stuning! Great job... you sculped this one, right?

Oh, about your excuse (greek, italian...) i think you should represent a soldier from the Brazilian Expedicionary Force (F.E.B.) in Italy 1944-45. I bet the subject is not that common... ;) hehehehe.

Cheers!
  3. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    GREAT JOB,Anders (y) (y) ;the new skintones look real cool ! As for the uneven eyes,it really helps to give the the war-weary,stressed-out look that you were looking for when you first did the bust.Just my 2 cents worth.Cheers !
    Kenneth :lol:
  4. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Anders , your skintones look fantastic.The transition between highs and lows is superb.Keep up the good work

Stephen Mallia
  5. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks for your comments guys! I will try to rework the left eye and hope for the best!
  6. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Anders, this is without a doubt your best sculpture yet.

Goo work.

Roc.
  7. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks Roc!

Here is a pic of the face before priming, does the left eye look all that huge compared to the right one?

What I noticed when painting was that the left eyeball was a little rounder then the right, maybe thats why it turned out the way it did.

[IMG]
  8. Stephan Well-Known Member

Germany
    beautiful eyes, very good.
    I am looking forward how you change the problem with the left eye.
    Its not easy I think.
    good painting job.
  9. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Excellent job on the fleshtones Anders!