1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

GI bust complete

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Sambaman, Jun 18, 2006.

1. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Well, here's another bust just finished up! This piece was sculpted by the HMSNEO's very own Bob Davis. Not a commercial piece, several pieces were cast up localy so it could be the painters piece for the Tulsa show several years back. It was given to me quite a while back from another club member who didn't want to finish it. I Eazy-offed the primer that he had started, cleaned it up a bit more (cold cast resin, very hard to work!) and painted this one durring the intervals of tartan painting on my viking. Pretty straight forward, not quite as dynamic as the viking, but a great exersize in flesh tones and eyes, as this piece is probably at least 1/6th scale! For my plaque that I ordered for this one I have chosen, "There she is!", the final flight of the Memphis Belle, May 17, 1943 (I hope that is the right date, I don't have my paper work in front of me!). I thought, one: this guy seems to be looking up, and two: he is wearing the same hat and fatigues that a guy in the movie Memphis Belle was wearing. It just seemed to fit. Think back.....the ground crewmen that is holding the bike looking to the skys waiting for the Belle's final return. I know - stretching it a bit, but I thought it added a bit of interest to an otherwise sedate piece. Thanks for looking! Any and all comments are welcome as usual!

Jay H.
    OKC

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

The eyes:
    [IMG]
  2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Fantastic work Jay...................love the expression you have given him. Excellent flesh tones and eyes. I look forward to seeing him at Tulsa
  3. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Guy,
    as always, the compliments are much appreciated! :lol: ;)

Jay H.
    OKC
  4. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    Man Jay, those flesh tones you get are terrific. A really nice bust finished very well (y) ;) I need to get back out ya'lls way to see it and just hang out again......hmmmmm, maybe a end of the summer trip (or fall, when the heat is gone) is in order? More to follow.....you two keep in touch and we can come up with something ;)

Jim Patrick
  5. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Well Jim, I'm in any time! Thanks for the comment, I'll get with Guy and see if we can't find time to offer-up some more of that good ol' Okie hospitality! :lol:

Jay H.
    OKC
  6. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Jay, Very nice. The uniform colors look spot on.~Gary
  7. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Gary, thanks for the kind words!

Jay H.
    OKC
  8. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Man thats really good !! And these eyes !! It surely has character nice fleshtones and smooth paitning !! Bravo !!!
  9. periklis_sale Member

Greece
    Mate that is fantastic!!!!

The flesh tones are superb!!!!!!!!!!
  10. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Looks great Jay!
    Keep up
  11. Excatlon Active Member

Poland
  12. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Costas, Periklis, Christos, Damian,
    You gentlemen are too kind! Thanks for the positive comments.

Jay H.
    OKC
  13. rafaelega Active Member

Spain
    Jay, excellent bust. Congrat!

Rafa
  14. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Rafa,
    thanks for the comments.

Jay H.
    OKC