1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

"Ghulam Warrior" 90mm- Romeo - The Start

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Major_Goose, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Slowly as work and other obligations allow,i have moved on the face of the Ghulam Warrior that will complete the vigniette withthe Crusader.

I tried to achieve a relative to the race skintone.
    Face is at 80 % and hands only have some base coat

Big pieces are always demanding more and more and theyre going slowly .

So i expect this to finish by the end of July , if all goes good.

Waiting for your commentation

Thanks a lot in advance

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    That's a good start my friend!
    I think it will be a great vignette!
    Keep up
    christos
  3. MAB Well-Known Member

Italy
    Hi Costas

Good Start .........
    You to be a machine from war have always something to end and endured to begin......... LOL

MAB :lol:
  4. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Ha hahahah thanks Cris and Maurizio.
    I always havesomething in themaking .. So many figures so little life !!!!
  5. periklis_sale Member

Greece
    Fantastic start patrida!!!! The usual high standards!!!

keep us posted
  6. Normo Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Costas
    Looking good my friend, Dont let a little thing like "Work" stop you from completing this fine piece! you must try to win the lottery!LOL
    Look foreward to seeing the finished article
    Cheers
    John
  7. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    the start is real good Costas.
    I should consider to redo the left eye, it is not equal with the right that is in my opinion much better then the left. (just my thoughts)
    Further as usual the highstanderd that you always have.
    Looking forward to your next step, and i eager to see what base he is on.

marc
  8. mertenspeter Member

Belgium
    This wil be a great vignette, looking forward to see it finished.

(y) Peter
  9. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Dar friends thanks for your replies and comments .

Dear megroot painting the eyes is not a problem . But in this case the 2 eyes were differently sculpted and i followed the sculptors lines . I f i wanna paint them equaly and dont show a sculpting problem i would have to modify the specific point of one of the twoeyes. And that was somethig i didnt wioshed to do

Anyway i think is not unusual tosee poeple doing some face schemes depending on the moment that show the 2 eyes in deifferent pose . its what we call here a grimace .

So .....i think i will leave it as it was sculpted

Thanks anyway for your proposal
  10. ArturM Well-Known Member

Poland
    This will be a great vignette! :)

cheers!
    Artur
  11. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Costas, looks good so far, looking forward to more.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers
    Roc
  12. Akritis Active Member

Greece
    it is a nice subject but it needs to pay attention during painting. Gulams were usally ex-cristians prisoners of war and they were waring very expencive clothes.
    They were foarming the personal guard of muslim kings or emirs, so they were very well payed. A good book about islamic could be very usyfull because Osprey books are very poor on this subject. If you need any help just call. This kind of warriors beat the Byxantines at the Battle of Mangikert 1071,
  13. Akritis Active Member

Greece
    it is a nice subject but it needs to pay attention during painting. Gulams were usally ex-cristians prisoners of war and they were waring very expencive clothes.
    They were foarming the personal guard of muslim kings or emirs, so they were very well payed. A good book about islamic could be very usyfull because Osprey books are very poor on this subject. If you need any help just call. This kind of warriors beat the Byxantines at the Battle of Mangikert 1071,
  14. Angaliel A Fixture

France
    Hi my friend,

WHAT A FANTASTIC WHITE UNDERCOAT :lol:

You did an uncanny undercoat smooth and perfect lol

Just kidin,

I'm waiting to see next steps :lol:

JP
  15. Excatlon Active Member

Poland
  16. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    George Thanks a lot for offering help. If there is any illustration that you could post or \send me via email i would happily receive as i dontr have that much reference to be honest on this specific warrior.

Well i love light gray undercoating Mister !!!! LOL

Youll see more as soon is done !!!!
  17. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Costas, He coming along so far. The clothing should be an enjoyable challange to do. I'm sure there are a few Osprey titles that could be of some help. Ideas anyone?~Gary
  18. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Yep guys ..ideas anyone ?
  19. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Costas - Great start, my friend! ;)

Marc and somebody else, I think, commented about the eyes being unequal sizes and shapes. Actually I like the eyes! Sides of the head, including eyes, are not equal and are frequently different shapes. Maybe the left eye is partly closed in anticipation of the blow he's about to land?

And I agree with you - I like to be busy! This hobby is so much fun I can't wait for the next project to begin!

All the best,
    Dan
  20. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Thanks a lot Dan for your comments . its nice tobe busy inpainting , but unfortunately i am more busyat work aso....painting is slow..