1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Ghost Rider - 70 mm Knight Models

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by palmielcore, Nov 27, 2011.

1. palmielcore Active Member

Romania
    Hello everybody, I am here to present you the figure of the character from the Marvel’s Universe – Ghost Rider. There are many drawings made with this characters and I have chosen this one :

[IMG]

In the first step I’ve fixed the composition.I was looking for a model of 80s of a chopper Harley Davidson, thinking that the world of the choppers is wide-opened for many transformations and you can make in the real life arrangements as you like. This model seemed that has the most dynamic shape. Soon I’ll be back with the next step.

[IMG]

[IMG]
    [/FONT]

Attached Files:

• 021.jpg
      021.jpg
      File size:
      189.4 KB
      Views:
    balder, Borek, Elia and 14 others like this.
  2. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    This is very cool!(y)

Joe
    palmielcore likes this.
  3. silviug2009 Active Member

Romania
    Amazing! I'm speechless! I saw your work on net and i admire what you doing! I wait for next step from this tutorial:)
    palmielcore likes this.
  4. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Paul,
    Excellent figure andeffects.
    Cheers
    John
    palmielcore likes this.
  5. palmielcore Active Member

Romania
    Hello again, I’m here to hang new pictures for the second step. You can see the basic anatomy and the development of the motocycle , even the details of the Knucklehead engine design. I needed to gut a motocycle like this to understand which elements could have. For that I started to check out for more informations on internet and I found a thread in a forum with WIP of a guy who wanted to transform a model of a Harley 883 Sportster 53 Custom.I let you the link for those who are interested in watching the thread although it’s in Spanish, but it has nice pictures :

http://www.urumotos.com.uy/f23/bric...chopper-partir-de-un-motor-de-sportster-1280/

I had difficulties when I had to decide the separation of the elements for my assemble maybe that’s why you can see some deformation at the moment, but in the next step I recovered.

John, Silviu, Joe many thanks for your words.See you soon with the next step.

[IMG]

[IMG]
    GARRY, balder, Borek and 2 others like this.
  6. palmielcore Active Member

Romania
    Hello again.I'm back with more pictures from the 3rd step of this SBS.[IMG]

[IMG]
    GARRY, balder, Borek and 2 others like this.
  7. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    This looks extremely interesting,looking forward to seeing the paint job and how you handle the effects,
    I am sure there will be something for us to learn here. (y)(y)

Ron
    palmielcore likes this.
  8. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Fantastic sculpture!!
    palmielcore likes this.
  9. palmielcore Active Member

Romania
    Hello again, I have here the final photos. I hesitated which angles to publish because many pretty spectacular because many of them are spectacular . At least this is the main angle :

[IMG]

In the end I made collages that suggest a gang of bikers. The combination of the materials I used remind an subgenre of steam-punk and and I mean the combination of different copper and aluminum wires including nickel diamond burs. I was lucky with the chain that fits on the scale. Not the last, I am very impressed about the painting of the art-box as it was made by Alfonso Giraldes which is not a surprise knowing his potential to personalize any work. I leave bellow the link of coolminiornot site:http://www.coolminiornot.com/292896 Any comments are welcome as usualy . See you soon:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    balder, Borek, ChaosCossack and 5 others like this.
  10. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I hesitate to use this word but I must say this is looking Awesome
    (y)(y)(y)

Ron
    palmielcore likes this.
  11. palmielcore Active Member

Romania
    Hello again, I forgot to let here the picture with the separation of the elements :

[IMG]

My best,
    Paul
  12. pipetrepid Active Member

United-States
    paul, amazing work!!!
    gordy and palmielcore like this.
  13. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    I just re-found this link, I'm still awestruck! (y)
  14. Jazz A Fixture

England
    An amazing kit. I look forward to seeing someone paint it.
  15. cblakey1 Member

United-States
    Wow! Awesome.
  16. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    That's a awesome figure. Saw it at our last show and you can do some great things with it.

marc
  17. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    Stunning figure!! :notworthy:

Cheers,
    Marcel.
  18. Nicolaos Well-Known Member

Really amazing! Congratulations!
  19. Jimbo A Fixture

England
    Fantastic work, I really like it.
    Cheers
    Jim
  20. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Absolutely blown away!!!! Great sculpt!
    I may have misunderstood, is the bike built from scratch or based on a kit? I have been looking for ages and have never found any 70-75mm chopper kits. If they are out there I'd love to know.

This is beautiful work. Many thanx for the SBS... Very helpful and educational

Colin
    palmielcore likes this.