1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Ghost Heart

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by mwthompson, Feb 13, 2011.

1. mwthompson Active Member

United-States
    Here is a Native American bust I just finished. I was fascinated by one of Kirby Sattler's paintings entitled Ghost Heart so I decided to try and copy it in bust form. I used a head from an old bust, then I redid the hair and added a body and blanket made from two part putty. The feathers are from the spares box except for the two smalls on top which I made from the putty. I have also included a picture of the painting for comparison. Hope you like it.

fimghostheart.jpg

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg
  2. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Mike, nice work and conversion (y)

That is a great painting, I've seen it before and never knew the artist, thanks! I just googled Kirby Sattler's work and found a treasure trove of inspiration!
  3. rheath Active Member

South-Africa
    Nice work Mike - a difficult one this too, great stuff.
  4. mwthompson Active Member

United-States
    Thanks, Gordy. I realy like Sattler's work. I hope to make more bust based on his paintings. I wish a manufacturer would mold some based on his work.

Mike
    gordy likes this.
  5. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    VEry good conversion work.

Marc