1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Gettysburg's Remmembrance Day

Discussion in 'Friends of planetFigure' started by garyjd, Nov 17, 2009.

1. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    [IMG]
    My wife and I drove down to Gettysburg for it's annual Remembrance Day observance. This year marked the 145th Anniversary of the dedication of the Soldier's Cemetery and Abraham Lincoln's Gettysburg Address. Cold is one word that describes our four day stay at our home away from home. The parade that was held on Saturday was pretty nice. Though the authenticity of the groups varied it was impressive seeing a mass of men and women in period dress dominating a parade. This was also a chance to see the battlefield's NEW visitor's center. Though I have many mixed feelings about the whole thing I've decided to NOT comment on it. One thing that was a treat to see was the bottom of the triangular field below Devil's Den without trees. Those guys from the 1st Texas sure had a lot of open ground to cross while under the guns of Smith's battery up on Devil's Den.[IMG]

More...