1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Germanic Warrior Part 2

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by nagashino, Mar 20, 2006.

1. nagashino New Member

Hi everyone

Well, this old geezer is all but finished - just some work on the back of the bearskin rug and some attention to metalwork and the right hand. I will also attempt to give the shield a more "used" look.

I would value your feedback/critique

First shot - showing overall frontal aspect

[IMG]

...rear view showing shield (a bit clean maybe?)

[IMG]

and...

[IMG]

Thanks for looking. Now...what did I do with that Ronin :lol: :lol:

Phil
  2. BESPJL Active Member

Portugal
    Hi,

Good job. You're set on the right tracks.

Cheers,
    Paulo
  3. frank h Well-Known Member

England
    Nice one Phil
    Really like the shield design

Frank
  4. diosytexas Member

England
    hi phil. nice job. like the pants. i hope to see this at hickley. dave.
  5. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Phil,
    I really like this guy! The shield design is fantastic, I like yours MUCH better than the box art. I think the shield could do with some weathering of some sort, as you mention. maybe some cuts or some dirt on the edges or towards the bottom, or both. But over-all this turned out very nicely. The fleshtones, particularly the face are very nice! I see he needs his "braid" added as well.

Jay H.
    OKC
  6. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Very nice figure Phil!Great effort.You can put some dirt on the shield.Great fleshtones!
  7. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Really amazing Phil what you did with this figure.

Awesome painting. like your basework.

Marc
  8. nagashino New Member

Hello all

Paulo - I appreciate your positive comments - thankyou

Frank and Dave - thanks both. Yes, he should be at Hinckley, pants an' all!

Jay - Thanks for the comment on the shield. The design is modified from the "Book of Kells" - probably not entirely accurate, but "period Celtic". I left off the plait and did the Swabian knot instead, just to give it a bit of individuality

Christos - Yes, I will give the shield some wear and tear. Flesh is Vallejo with some oil highlights. Many thanks for the comment

Marc - Thanks mate - your Marcomanni was partly responsible for persuading me I should do this one. Thanks for the comments on the basework - mostly Woodland Scenics stuff, with a couple of bits of "real" tree added. The hardest bit was cutting the corner off the base!

Should have him finally done by the weekend - I'll post a last couple of pics then.

Best regards

Phil
  9. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Phil..a very nice bit of painting... He's looking great, and I really like the flesh and the shield design especially. I really would like to get to Hinckley this year if time permits, never been to that one.

Good job mate...Roy.
  10. arthur Member

Canada
    Phil,
    I like your figure a lot. Beautiful paint job (y)
    Very nice overall composition.
    As you mantioned yourself the shield may need a touch more "abuse" ;)
    Cheers,
    A.
  11. Nap Moderator

England
    Phil ,
    Love the figure in particular the shield design , also like the way the fur effect has been done , like the idea of a simple base .
    Regards Kev (BMSS Bristol)
  12. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Phi,
    now that this post has re-surfaced, I have to ask a question. How did you do those FANTASTIC lichens on the logs? I must know so I can try some for myself. Thanks in advance,

Jay H.
    OKC
  13. Nap Moderator

England
    Phil ,
    Lovely figure , nice to see and appreciate your work at Yate , look forward to seeing you at Bugle Call...Regards and best wishes to you Kev
  14. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Phil, Sorry for jumping on this thread so late. The figure is cleanly painted and would benefit if the figure had more contrast. That is of course based on viewing the photographs which can make the figure look totally different.~Gary