1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Germanic-Roman Warrior, 1st Century A.D.- Pegaso Models new

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by maco61, May 22, 2013.

1. maco61 A Fixture

Italy
    Hi to all.
    Here the Pegaso Models new of may.
    Title: Germanic-Roman Warrior, 1st Century A.D.
    CODE: 75-100
    CATEGORY: 01 Barbarians
    SCULPTOR: Richard Galicek
    PAINTER: Massimo Pasquali
    MATERIAL: White Metal
    PIECES: 11
    WEIGHT: 270
    SIZE: 75
    SCALE: 1:24

Avalaible from 22/05/2013
    http://www.pegasomodels.it/productdetails_en.asp?id=917
    Ciao by Maco

Attached Files:

2. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Yup, this one is one of my homeys. Or soon to be.

Cheers
    Janne Nilsson
  3. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    Pure fantasy! What a waste of resources ...

Cheers
  4. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    Hmmm...

Pure Fantasy! What a waste of resources

Cheers
  5. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Hmm...so fantasy is a waste of Resources, I beg to differ, Martin.

Cheers
    Janne Nilsson
  6. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Hmm...so fantasy is a waste of Resources, I beg to differ, Martin.

Cheers
    Janne Nilsson
  7. Johan Kees Active Member

Belgium
    Here we go again...

J:arghh:han
    Uruk-Hai and DEL like this.
  8. Einion Well-Known Member

I like the sculpting on this, but I wish it didn't use so many clichés of what Germanics looked like. And at this size I'd expect the shield to be more in-scale than this, it's far too thick. It could easily be half this thickness and cast well so it's a sculpting issue, not a production consideration primarily.

Einion
    napoleonpeart, Uruk-Hai and DEL like this.
  9. Einion Well-Known Member

It is when it claims to be otherwise Janne, I think that's the actual point.

Einion
    DEL likes this.
  10. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    In what way?

- Steve
  11. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
    DEL likes this.
  12. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    Have ever someone try to walk or run with a sword between the legs like the figure??? It would be very funny I think
  13. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    It is what it is.
    I think most of us here are well aware of the historical shortcomings of many of the Pegaso Barbarians range and I can't imagine that too many of the purchasers will be too concerned how the manufacturer has titled it. Most of us who paint the Barbarian range do so because they give a very nice end result, we are not arguing for historical accuracy.
    What bothers me much much more is the increasingly poor level of casting, fit of pieces and overall quality control. If I buy the figure this will be the key consideration.
    As to fantasy I'm interested in what needs to be removed to achieve greater authenticity, the three elements that jar with me are the axe, the shield and the ankle bindings, all very easily sorted.
    Other than that I quite like this..........you pays your money and you takes your choice.
    Derek
    napoleonpeart, housecarl and Einion like this.
  14. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    Sculpt it, cast it and sell it as a fantasy-"barbar" - no problem!

But don't call and sell this as a historic "Germanic-Roman Warrior, 1st Century A.D" - thats a waste of resources.

Cheers
  15. gommolo Active Member

United-States
    I do not understand why it is a subject of pure fantasy. At all times, especially in the older ones, the soldiers plundered the battlefields or received as a reward weapons and armor. What's wrong with this figurine? The helmet is of a different era? Or the shield?
    polyphemus likes this.
  16. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Wellllll ...... not that I want to boast.............:smug:
    housecarl, J.A.Hidalgo, Helm and 2 others like this.
  17. NickM Well-Known Member

Australia
    ...now we're REALLY in the realms of fantasy... ;)
    Helm and DEL like this.
  18. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Ain't that the truth :joyful: I'm away back to my world now :happy:
    NickM likes this.
  19. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    No problems with that, its rather the bitter attitude in Martins post that made take his Words literally. And he does it all the time. Your post is critical and to the point and in doing so being a source for others.

Just saying it is a waste of resources, gives nothing, we have no clue to what Martin "think" is fantasy, its not even up for debate. And trust me, far to often the selfclaimed experts is actually wrong because of many reasons. Mostly because they are not that well informed as they, themselves likes to think. Not saying that is the case here, but if I, as well as you, claim a figure is historically incorrect. We point the errors out and also discuss them most of the times.

Cheers
    Janne Nilsson
    NickM, Martin64 and DEL like this.
  20. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Why is it a "waste of resources" to market it as a Germanic-Roman Warrior?

Are you saying that it's "inaccurate"? And if so in what way? I agree that the shield maybe looks a tad thick, but that aside I quite like it.

Please enlighten us ingnoramuses as to why (in your opinion) it's a crap representation of such a warrior ("pure fantasy").

Thanks!

- Steve
  21. Steve Ettinger Active Member

United-States
    Ubiian cavalry , Second century, Seasoned trooper , sporting a legionaries helmet, his own personal weapons , not so farfetched in my opinion but, just like something else, everybody has an opinion. At the Roman Germanic museum in Cologne there are examples of the horse headed daggers , and also the decoration on the shield is represented. My wife who is from Cologne Germany, (Colonia Claudia Aria Aggrippenesium), of which she is very proud , and knows its history well, saw the posted figure, instantly recognized it , and told me what it was. sssooo Yeah the shields to thick.