1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

German tanker conversion 120mm

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Ferris, Nov 2, 2009.

1. Ferris A Fixture

Hi guys,

Here is a project I started about 15 years ago and that was in a box until I recently dug it up to finish it with new found sculpting courage inspired by you guys.

It's a conversion of a Verlinden 120mm SS tanker. I modified the arms and exchanged and repositioned the head, as the original figure has a really awkward neck, going straight up from the spine (some T34 bumped into his Tiger from behind causing severe whiplash maybe?). As a consequence I also had to change the shirt, jacket lapels and shoulder straps. The eagle on the left arm and the shoulder straps are made of photo paper.

I did not get the Duro on the lapels as smooth as I would've liked to, but it was the first time I used the stuff (after looking for it for years!) so I am not too unhappy with the result.

Next step is painting the Erbsenmuster camo!

Let me know if you have any comments; now I can still correct things!(although I am really eager to start painting actually...)

Adrian

Attached Files:

michael bang likes this.
  2. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Adrian, neat work on the conversion and as I'm sure you know, once primed, it'll show up any blemishes. Looks like you're ready to paint, will follow progress with interest.

Cheers Ken
  3. Ferris A Fixture

Thanks Ken,
    Hope to get started with brushes this weekend!

Adrian
  4. T50 A Fixture

United-States
    Looks promising... Don't forget to add the collar tabs.
    I see this is a WSS figure. Collar tabs for WSS are different
    than Heer ones FYI. :)

TS
  5. Ferris A Fixture

Check! Thanks.
    WSS indeed. Its going to be the camo version of the uniform however, without collar patches.
    I am still thinking about adding the LSSAH shoulder strap sleeves though (you surely know what I mean ;-), but am intimidated by the complex 'logo' on it... :-\

Adrian