1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

German Tank Crew Member

Discussion in 'Painting Techniques' started by DUFF, Oct 5, 2012.

1. DUFF Active Member

Russian-Federation
    Hallo gentlemens!

Today I am presenting you my newly painted figure of german tankman in 1/72 scale. This figure sculpted by Boris Knokhov and produced by "Orion". The paints I used were "vallejo", "zvezda" and both of them are acrylic colors.
    I hope that you will enjoy it, and please, feel free to comment it.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. Vaux Well-Known Member

Spain
    1/72????? Amazing work!!!:eek:
  3. Rich Sculpts A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    So well done!

Love these 1/72 figures in super detail (got to have a go at one of these) :joyful:
  4. dancap3286 A Fixture

United-States
    Great stuff! Really awesome painting in such a scale.
  5. b00gie Active Member

Romania
    The sculpt of this small figure is amazing. And your painting is at the same level. Excellent! (y)
  6. Nezamay Member

Germany
    Very high-quality painting for this scale.
    There you can see the masters http://www.planetfigure.com/threads/panzer-soldiers-1-72.43430/

I have my doubts about the color of his pants. I see they are black or dark gray. But drillich HBT pants were much lighter. At a forum http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/index.php there are photos of original german drillich pants and they have absolutely other color. I think on a Orion's box more correct the image. I attached Orion's boxart. But even with the wrong colored pants work is excellent!

Attached Files:

7. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Amazing work.
    Carl.(y)
  8. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    In 1/72 scale? Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot! :D

Joe
  9. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Wonderful mini...

Pedro.
  10. Carlos69 Well-Known Member

England
    WOW !

Crazy painting ! Great sculpts also in 72nd .. Are these plastic or resin ?
  11. bed172 Active Member

United-States
    Holy crap! Are you kidding me? Fantastic paint job on a great figure. Are these figures available in the U.S.?
  12. LVM Active Member

Belgium
    Wow ... it is amazing too see what can be done in this scale !

Laurent
  13. DUFF Active Member

Russian-Federation
    Thank you for your commentaries gentlemens. First, the material of that figure is resin, and unfortunatly I do not know whether this figure available in the US or not.
    Second, about the pants's colour... I do think that they are painted correctly, and, in my opinion, the black colour have the right to exist. The reason why is that before war there were produced many pants of that fashion in many colours, which variates from black to white. For exemple: green, brown, white and others including their tints.
    Helm likes this.
  14. Helm A Fixture

England
    Imagine that horror that uniform colours vary :eek: I've said it before and I'll keep banging my head against that particular wall for a bit longer NO two pieces of uniform will ever be the same colour, contrary to what people think and believe it just doesn't happen
    Steve
  15. Nezamay Member

Germany
    In the war anything happens and these can explain any color. But generally it is unpersuasive, as it is so possible to explain anything. Do you have any photos confirming the choice of color or it is just a assumption? If you want to discuss color of drillich HBT pants in more detail, it is possible to open discussion at a Wehrmacht-awards forum. And such look it is rather the excellent painted fantasy than military history. IMHO

I saw at russian forums the photos of work in progress for this figure. You can show them and here?

Pants usually more washed ;)
  16. Ferris A Fixture

Amazing! Love the dirt on his bum, often forgotten.

IMO the colour of the pants is correct. Black was worn until the end of the war. Usually the pants were tightened around the ankle, but in a sloppy moment it could be hanging open at the bottom like here just as well.
    Perfect job on the black by the way!

Adrian
  17. DUFF Active Member

Russian-Federation
    Yes I do, look at the attachments.
    No, it is not necessary.
    What for?

Attached Files:

18. Nezamay Member

Germany
    I do not see in this figure black panzer pants. Also don't see how you can tuck the tapered trouser-leg outward in panzer pants. I think the pants are painted incorrectly in black and on a Orion's box more correct the image.

While this is just a photo of some dark pants taken by a low-price Pentax in a some room. Give me link to a discussion of what is the original Wehrmacht drillich HBT pants, please. And original wartime photos with a tanker in such pants, please.
  19. DUFF Active Member

Russian-Federation
    I have presented my arguments, now it is your turn to object me and prove your points.
  20. Nezamay Member

Germany
    That is, you do not know what kind of pants in the youre photos?;)
    Then this is not argument. Justify the choice of colors for painting pants based on the original uniform items and original wartime photographs, please.