1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP German Stormtrooper - WWI - 90mm Andrea Miniatures

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by CondeJulian, Apr 28, 2018.

1. CondeJulian Well-Known Member

Brazil
    Hey guys,

Been busy with the uniform, just finished the upper torso with all the gear. Tricky details on this one.

Later this week will finish the uniform, boots so I can Begin head and skin tones.

So far it looks like this :

4861E715-0369-41CF-B8EA-AE9588AB0681.jpeg
  2. Fokionas Well-Known Member

Greece
    Hi Julian....

Very nice work so far.....what is your field grey recipe?
  3. CondeJulian Well-Known Member

Brazil
    Buddy, I used AK Interactive Uniform Base Color from their 3-color set of German WWI Uniform package.

Then added filters in dark grey-khaki made out of Vallejo Washes mixed to desired color. Then some precision washes on the recesses with base filter color in denser layers and to wrap up subtle dry brushing of base uniform color with added 10% white. Vallejo Poliurethane-Acrylic Matt Varnish and good to go :)

Thanks,
    Julian
    Nap and Fokionas like this.
  4. Fokionas Well-Known Member

Greece
    Lol...I also use the AK set thats why I asked you .......!!!!(y)
    Fokion
  5. CondeJulian Well-Known Member

Brazil
    Great stuff. This is my first time using AK for full color uniforms. They got me some trouble to airbrush on AFV, due to hot dry weather. The paint would not come out of the airbrush, thinned at any ratio, looked like crazy stuff, defying laws of nature. I now got to use VMS retarders and extenders which fixed this issue for good on any acrylic paint for that matter. I got this set for review, so using the retarders it did a good job, I am happy so far. But on the set (3 colors) don’t have a good color for the pants, so I will go for Vallejo for that.

In the brush the AK is as good as any of the rivals.

:)
    Fokionas likes this.
  6. CondeJulian Well-Known Member

Brazil
    After a while, now I finished the pants and boots. Leather was made oils over acrylics, so took some time to dry.

Now head and skin tones, should wrap up in the next 7-10 days.

[IMG]
    pokrad, Nap, unterflur361 and 3 others like this.
  7. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    beautifull work

Marc
  8. debrito A Fixture

Canada
    Muito bom....(y)
  9. CondeJulian Well-Known Member

Brazil
    Thank you (Valeu !) :)

Waiting for oils on skin tones to dry...
  10. santi fernandez Well-Known Member

Spain
    This is undoubtedly a great job, I love following the progress.
    Santi.
  11. CondeJulian Well-Known Member

Brazil
    Thank you Santi !
  12. CondeJulian Well-Known Member

Brazil
    Finished the base while the oils dry...

Andrea Miniatures wood base, Two Part epoxy scratch terrain with The Scenic Factory vegetation.... 73FB7C11-71FA-4E99-8D54-95B632F673BA.jpeg
    Nap and unterflur361 like this.
  13. CondeJulian Well-Known Member

Brazil
    Head is 99% now. The lenses were the most difficult part by far. Around 12 steps between painting the see thru face and eyes to finishing up with the metal ring on top of the clear visor. NEVER AGAIN LOL

0FC24169-9E7D-4180-A1DA-EED8A894DB45.jpeg
    Nap, unterflur361 and Martin64 like this.
  14. CondeJulian Well-Known Member

Brazil
  15. Jeff T A Fixture

Australia
    Just caught up with this thread Julian, excellent work here!

This is looking very good.

Cheer's,
    Jeff.
  16. CondeJulian Well-Known Member

Brazil

Thanks Jeff, it sure is a hard, complex model, specially being metal cast. But it turned out nicely, fit is 90% good, and clean up was nothing abnormal.

Best
    Julian
    Jeff T likes this.
  17. CondeJulian Well-Known Member

Brazil
    Now, some bench photos of the body 100% done, dry fitting to the base. This is the last photos before completed model, which I will take pro photos next week.

I added (after these photos were taken) subtle weathering (mud, dust, spills) to the lower half, being careful not to hide the details and transitions. These photos saturates the skin tones, because of warm powerful light source of the bench.

By the end of the month I will package it and send it to Michigan, a 5000 + Mile trip to it's owner (Commission Work).

See you soon with the finished photos, it was very nice to make a WIP with such great support from you guys.

Best
    Julian

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    pokrad and Nap like this.
  18. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Julian

Catching up here and boy have I missed something ...great textures and love the effects you are getting very well done .

This is one lucky guys who receives this when completed

Thanks for sharing all the pictures and information

Nap
  19. CondeJulian Well-Known Member

Brazil

Thanks Nap !

I am gluing the head as we speak. Finished for good. Might not hold myself and post a bench photo later...lol

Next week the metal plaque for the base arrives, so I will wait for that for the pro photos.

Best buddy,
    Julian
  20. CondeJulian Well-Known Member

Brazil
    Finished !

Just could not wait for the metal plaque to arrive to take some good photos.

To sum it up, this is Andrea Miniatures German Stormtrooper - W.W. I - 1917, 90mm, White metal cast.

I used AK interactive Acrylic Figure Set for the base uniform, and a mix of other brands for accessories and details, like Tamiya (Acrylic and Enamels), Polly S, Vallejo, Mission Models, Abteilung 502 Oils, and Model Master. Besides the tunic and base acrylic flesh tone (oils over acrylics), everything else is brush work.

Base is made out scratch with Greenstuff (along with the metal base that comes with the figure) and AK Terrain Texture. Vegetation are from The Scenic Factory. Wood Base by Andrea also.

Let me know your final thoughts ! Thanks for the support !

Now, let's pack it to the final trip to another country...

Best
    Julian

DSC00442_Fotor.jpg DSC00396_Fotor.jpg DSC00397_Fotor.jpg DSC00398_Fotor.jpg DSC00399_Fotor.jpg DSC00400_Fotor.jpg DSC00401_Fotor.jpg DSC00402_Fotor.jpg DSC00403_Fotor.jpg DSC00417_Fotor.jpg DSC00419_Fotor.jpg DSC00443_Fotor.jpg