1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

German SS

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Ernest, Mar 3, 2005.

1. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    Hello Planet, this is what I'm doing now, a new 200mm complete figure from warriors sculpted by John Rosegrand....The sculpt for this big guy it's simply great, some bubbles in the resin casting but is something that you can fix with some putty and sand, I think this figure will be a nice experience to me because the large scale is something new for me :mellow: but I'm think that I'm going to enjoy this project, if time permit I will post more advance soon...I wish (lot of work at office :( )
    I really hope you like it
    Cheers

ER B)

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    Hello guys,
    I post more advance, this time I'm begining the camo Im' working by areas....this camo is the "oak leaf" with reversible jacket to white, it is just the begining I'm still working this weekend :mellow:
    The camo pattern for the pants wiil be in another design....
    hope you like it
    ER

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  3. rafaelega Active Member

Spain
    Ernest,

What is the way you choose for painting the face? Are you use aerograph or brush?

Rafa
  4. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    Hello Rafa in this case I used brush with Vallejo acrilycs......

ER
  5. Djoubri M Well-Known Member

France
    Splendid... I like much. The treatment of the helmet and that of the face are superb... Bon courage for the continuation.

Djoubri M
  6. Evan August New Member

Nice Oak leaf camo Ernesto. Will the trousers be in the fall pattern or pea?
  7. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    Thank you Djoubri and Evan...
    Evan for the trousers I thinking to paint this camo patern....

I'm think that will be a nice combination...

Attached Files:

8. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    I'm really don't know If some SS members used that trousers camo at the end of the war....
    Can you help me with this....thanks
    ER
  9. homellop Active Member

Spain
    Hi Ernest
    Well,the splinter pattern is "exclusive" of Heer
    Noone can say any ss-trooper didn't wear this,but,I don't know photographic evidence,and if it exist is not representative.
    The ss-winter garments were in oak leaf or dot pattern.
    You can paint it white too
    Regards
    jaume
  10. Alex Lopez Well-Known Member

Mexico
    Exelent paint Ernesto, I like the effect in the face tones.
    I`m seeing this one.
    Alex.

Ps. wen can I see my Achiiles painted for you?
  11. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    Thanks for the advice Jaume, now I'm more clear, maybe I will use for the trousers the "oak leaf" pattern of atumnal browns, what do you think? some variaton with the oak leaf spring pattern....

Alex Thanks for your comment, maybe I will strat the Aquiles after this one I have to rent the movie to take some reference ;)

Cheers
    ER
  12. y_wong New Member

Dear Ernest,

Your painting is coming along real fine. Looking forward to its completion. Once again, very impressive skin tone and painting of the helmet.

regards :)
  13. btavis Active Member

United-States
    Beautiful flesh tones. Very realistic.
  14. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    Hello, I was thinking in how to do the scenary for my german SS, maybe some spring scenary with some kind of fence behind...well...I don't know
    Maybe you can help me with this...pictures, images, ideas, etc very welcome...
    Thanks a lot
    ER
  15. Pete_H New Member

Ernesto,
    A spring setting wouldn't make much sense since the figure is depicting the guy wearing winter clothing. Perhaps some snow and/or lots of mud would work? By the way, painting the trousers in a fall oakleaf pattern would really give you some good contrast - good call ;)
  16. olly_usafsoc New Member

Yes id tend to agree, although incluiding a fence sounds like a scenic way to go. Would i be right in thinking this kit is Out of Production ? ;)
  17. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    Ok Guys after some time without a cam finally I got some new pictures, I'm still working on the "oak leaf" camo pattern, I painted one side of the amunition cover and I will atached the left arm almost at the end of the paint progres cause I need the space to paint the trousers. The trousers will be paint in the "oak leaf" camo autumnal browns.....Hope you like what I have until now...
    Cheers
    ER

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  18. 19th Century Wars New Member

Try "HomeTown Hobbies" (http://www.hometown-hobbies.com/). Look under their large scale figures link, then check under "Warriors." If it is not listed there, e-mail the owner (Bill Wolfe), and I bet he can get it for you. I know they carried it on their site as recently as a few months ago.

I just purchased a 200mm Napoleonic from them, which has been OOP for several years. It was not listed on their site as "in stock," but I e-mailed and asked, and Bill had it for me in a week's time.
  19. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    I have dealt with Bill Wolf for Pagaso and Verlinden items as his price is great and service is superior. He is also my online supplier for Humbrol and Floquil paint. He is always ready to help and go that extra mile. He also trades as Black-Knight Figures.
  20. LCoote New Member

Australia
    Wow! beautiful work Ernesto, excellent camo and great looking face, look forward to seeing more of this one.