1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

German Soldier

Discussion in 'Brutal Honesty - Critique Center' started by Carl Edward Sambrook, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Carl Edward Sambrook Active Member

Please feel free to comment and advise on how to improve my techniques. Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Hi Carl!

I dificult to advise from this photo. Please try to take other photos.

Cheers
  3. swralph A Fixture

Would help us to help you, if you could tell us what paints you used.
    Ralph.
  4. Carl Edward Sambrook Active Member

Ralph I painted the bust in acrylics, sorry its taken so long to get back to you.
  5. blaster A Fixture

United-States
    Hello Carl,

I am not sure whether you are asking for comments on the sculpting or painting or both. Since you asked for comments here, I think the neck is rather long, the helmet seems small from the photo, and the helmet straps should be clear of and not follow the face outline. This is nit-picking as the piece is really very good as it is.

Rgds Victor
  6. zane666 Well-Known Member

New_Zealand
    The painting seems ok but, the photo is a tad small to get a good look. Got to admit the helmet straps that contour the face look very odd.

regards Zane
  7. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    I never liked this sculpt as it looks a bit Nazi superman to me. But your paint job looks to be right up to snuff. As noted above, bigger pictures would help.

Colin