1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed German Schnell-Boat wireless operator

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Jazz, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Jazz A Fixture

England
    Please see my latest completed bust which was a present from a very good friend who uses this site. You know who you are, mate.

It is Young Miniatures S-Boat wireless operator painted completly in oils. I was greatly inspired by the same bust painted recently by Gothicgeek. That was an absolute beauty and I hope that I have done it justice too. This was a real pleasure to paint and I hope you like him. Please feel free to comment.

Attached Files:

• 001 (2).JPG
      001 (2).JPG
      File size:
      463.1 KB
      Views:
    • 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      File size:
      477.5 KB
      Views:
    • 003.JPG
      003.JPG
      File size:
      453.4 KB
      Views:
    • 004.JPG
      004.JPG
      File size:
      458.2 KB
      Views:
    theBaron, sd0324 and gordy like this.
  2. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Very cool Jazz, nice colours and lot's of gear/wires (y)
  3. Nap A Fixture

England
    Hi John ,

Its a pleasure mate , really pleased you enjoyed the bust and boy it looks really good , love the coat . it looks really effective some nice brushwork there , nice painting also on the phone thing round his neck (yes thats right I do not know the proper name !!!) . The blues are really nice , good highlighting on the collar and the cap , fleshwork looks neat possibly I would add a bit more colour to the cheeks but thats the way I like my men (didn't sound right did it!!) .

How did you deal with the coat colour ..do share please .

Like the eyes , really good as well , nice presentation as well (y)

Looking forward to seeing this when we meet up :notworthy:

Nap
  4. Jazz A Fixture

England
    Thanks for the comments Gordy and Kev. Regarding the jacket I first undercoated in white primer then gave it a coat of white acrylic. I then used an oil coat of Cadmium Yellow and used burnt umber to shadow and white to make highlights whilst still wet. This in effect hopefully gives it a look of leather suede.
  5. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nice work John!

:)
  6. flart1943 Active Member

England
    Great painting.
    Pete