1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

German officer WOII, finally finnished!!!

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by gforceman, Feb 12, 2009.

1. John Belcher A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Great work as always Gino.I like everything about your figure, and especially like the base and ground work.

kind regards John.:)
  2. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Looks very good Gino!
    christos
  3. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Many, many thanks!!!

Hi guys,

First of all I would like te thank all of you for so many nice replies. I'm realy blown away by them and it makes me blush when I read them. THANK YOU VERY, VERY MUCH!

Hola Jaume,

I love the weathering effects...pigments?...wow!,how did you apply them?

Thank you very much for your kind reply. Still I think yours look much, much better and my goal in painting is that one day I might be able to paint a figure that comes close to your painting skill. The mud was first painting on in acrylics using what I caal "micropainting". It's something I used when doing tanks. When I wanted a spot of rust, I painted many small spots till they became one big dot,which I find to be more realistic then painting one big spot. Here I did the same using earth tones, then highlighting and shading each of them. To make all blend a bit better I then applied some pigments dry. Lighter colour in highlight area, darker in darker area. To fix them in place I applied some turps with a brush, dipping it on, not brushing. And that's all.

P.S. Are you comming to the AMSS show in march? I sure do hope so!!!

Hi Pedro,

Thank you very much. The Hornet heads are great to make a stock figure a bit different. And both the Alpine figures and Hornet heads are true 1/35th scale, so they go together perfectly.

Hi Patrick,

is da gene patattenschiller?

Hij heeft maar twee patatten en ik denk niet dat hij die wilt schillen!

Hi Marc,

Yes, an hobby within the hobby! I think it's very important to choose a base that goes well with a figure, like putting the correct frame around a painting.

Hi Jean,

If I can make one suggestion it would be to fill in the area behind the Brass name plate, right now it looks like it's floating around. Maybe using a bit of Magic sculpt and cutting it off square with the name plate, once painted Black it would anchor it to the rest.

That's a great idea! I'm just a bit afraid I might ruin the base and/or the nameplate. I'll mix in some black pigments with the Magic Sculp so there will be no need to paint.

Hi John,

I converted mine for the top hat sniper and me thinks I'll probably do another variation once i find the ideal setting.

Yes those Alpine figure are all GREAT!!! As I don't have the time to paint them all once, I doubt if I ever will redo them. But one never knows...

Hoi Lieven,

gino , when i look to the figures, i can make a selection on witch one is yours
    you have a great style of painting

Thank you very much for the nice comment. Soon I'll start painting the great sculpt you have done!

Hello Janus,

Did you use inks and washes for the weathering on the lower edges of his jacket?

I explained above how I did the weathering. Almost like weathering an AFV.

Thumbs up ( to Gino "I don't need no steenking premixed paint by numbers set!")

It was mentioned to you personally, I was just generally speaking.

Best regards and I hope all of you will have a splendid weekend,

Gino
  4. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    Gino,

Wonderful piece of work!
    Like mentioned before great work on the weathering and the groundwork.

Cheers,
    Marcel.
  5. ATTİLA the HUN Well-Known Member

Turkey
    Gino, Excellence work. And awesome basework. Thanks for sharing...........
  6. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Very nice Gino.......my humble compliments!!!

Ray ;)
  7. Sonia Member

Belgium
    Great job Gino... just wanted to say ""Hi" too.. I still have to find my way around a bit.. tried to put something in my blog but the upload of the pics failed, don't have a clue why.. well we'll see..
    Happy modelling ;-)