1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

German officer Russia 1941

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by razor, Jan 13, 2020.

1. razor A Fixture

My version of the brill Stalingrad German officer.
    In my normal Field of dreams, build it and they'll come fashion I built the base while I was waiting for the figure to arrive. It's the ancient Esci German supply wagon cut down.
    The figure has the spare head from my Stug commander and a hand from Revell/ICM.

qw7.JPG qw1.JPG qw5.JPG qw6.JPG
    I figure he's watching the endless lines of prisoners you see in the newsreels or how long a road they're traveling.
    Thanks for looking.
  2. Chazman Active Member

United-States
    So far, so good.
  3. Chris Oldfield Well-Known Member

England
    Excellent work so far, Stalingrad do some great sculpts so that's an inspired choice to start with. The Esci supply wagon turned out nice as a wedgie too.
  4. marios1 Active Member

fantastic idea Paul as usually ...interesting the idea to use this old esci supply wagon...a couriosity ..the head is from mk35 ? A nd th pipe in his left hand wher it came from???

congratulations

Mario
  5. razor A Fixture

Thanks Marios. The head is from this old Hornet figure https://www.planetfigure.com/threads/stug-commander-1-35.186883/, the hand is from the ICM Anzac infantry set.
  6. santi fernandez Active Member

Spain
    Nice idea,ready for the next advances.
    Santi.
  7. Jed Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Neat looking idea
  8. Nap Forum Moderator

England
    Hi there Razor

A great choice of figure ideal for the idea you have , like the basework as always with your builds thought out well

Like the way the pipe is positioned as well

Why not put something into FOTM as well as voting in previous months

Thanks for sharing

Happy benchtime

Nap
  9. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    That's a very nice bit of work, so good I may nick some of you ideas.
    Following.
    razor likes this.
  10. razor A Fixture

Thanks for looking.
    Progress is being made.
    qw8.JPG qw9.JPG qw10.JPG qw11.JPG
    Nap and Chris Oldfield like this.
  11. Chris Oldfield Well-Known Member

England
    Nice work, Paul. I like the way you've painted & highlighted the uniform, lots of shadows & colour variations there, & the little detail of the Kleist Panzergruppe symbol on the rear of the supply wagon is excellent. Well done!
  12. Nap Forum Moderator

England
    Hi Paul

Great start on the uniform , like the contrast between the jkt and trousers .....

Was wondering about the "K" so thanks to Chris for the details ..another thing learnt !

Look forward to seeing more on this project

Happy benchtime

Nap
  13. Henkm Member

That's getting along great. Will be nice to see it finished.
  14. Nap Forum Moderator

England
    Hi Guys

Chris kindly messaged me about the K ...interesting as I know nothing about this detail

There were 2 Panzergruppen involved in the early stages of the Barbarossa campaign, Panzergruppe Kleist led by General Ewald Von Kleist & Panzergruppe Guderian led by General Heinz Guderian. Each was about Corps-sized I think, consisting of two or more Divisions being armour-heavy.

A lot of Barbarossa photos show their identifying markings, Panzergruppe Kleist had a letter K as shown in Paul’s vignette & Panzergruppe Guderian had a letter G usually displayed on the front & rear fenders of vehicles. Both symbols were white capital letters on a Panzer Grey background, which was the base colour of all Wehrmacht vehicles & horse-drawn transport in 1941.

Cheers Chris

Nap
    razor likes this.