1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

German Knight

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Ernest, May 19, 2005.

1. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    Hello people, this is what I'm doing now, a German medival knight from Pegaso 54mm painting with acryilics, hope you like it...
    regards
    ER

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. nagashino New Member

Hi Ernesto

This looks excellent! I particularly like the way you have dealt with the metalwork - nicely subdued and not like the "chrome plate" that we sometimes see. The face is very nice too.

I look forward to seeing this one finished

Regards

Phil
  3. Jacek Spychalski Member

Poland
    Yes Ernesto! I like it ! Special the face and heraldy ,metal parts are great also.

Best regards

Jacek
  4. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Ernesto, fantastic work, looks great. ;)

Keep up the good work.

Ciao
    Roc. :)
  5. Toadlet New Member

Poland
    Hello Ernesto

Very nice rampant lion. Please describe how you painted metal armour.

Wojtek
  6. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Very nice metals work. Very realistic. The lion is great too. Thanks for sharing!

Keith
  7. jjgurk Member

United-States
    Wow! Fantastic rendition Ernesto. Everything about this figure is superb.

John
  8. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    Hello and thank you all for your comments, for the metal parts I use only acrylics, a mix of chocolate brown, red brown, black, english uniform and grey metal from Tamiya, for the lights I add more metal grey with english uniform, second lights with metal gray and highlights a little bit of super silver from vallejo only for the extreme highlights not too much. For shadows I add more chocolate brown and black to the base color, when everything it's done I add a little bit of smoke from Tamiya to give it some gloss effect, remember not too much of this tamiya smoke, If you see that the metal are too shiny add some washes of english uniform....
    Thanks for your comments :)
    Hope helps
    regards
    ER
  9. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Fantastic painting Ernest...........love the red and the metals you have done.
  10. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Thanks for the formula on the metals. I guess this just goes to show that it is possible to get great results with Tamiya acylics... :) (y)

Keith
  11. Alex Lopez Well-Known Member

Mexico
    Date prisa Ernesto!!! Ya qiero verla terminada!!! :lol:
  12. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Amazing painting Ernesto. The face truly stunned me, not to mention the heraldy. Simple awesome.
  13. Calvin Member

Hola Ernesto, tambien las luces sobre el rojo te han salido muy bien, por no hablar de la cara.
  14. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Ernesto,

If i like it. Yes, Yes. It is great. thanks for sharing.

Marc
  15. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    Thanks a lot Guy, Keith, Alex, Kisifer, Calvin and Marc. I hope to post more new pictures this weekend...
    Tace care
    ER :)
  16. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Beautiful work man!
  17. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    Hello, the knight is almost finish, still to come some retouching and painting details, as you can see I begining the procces of the terrain, I think this pictures are better than the first I did, maybe because I change the camera's battery :lol:
    Hope you like it and comments more than welcome...
    regards
    ER

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  18. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Awesome Ernest.......the armor and the tunic are really well done. You have done an exceptional job with this figure.
  19. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    OUTSTANDING..... :)

Dave
  20. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    Thanks a lot Guy and Dave, still some more work to do yet, and I'm thinking to do an standart to give it more life to the figure, what do you think? :)
    regards
    ER